|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 01:30 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 -- Victorious, the mobile platform that powers the world's most creative communities, officially launches today to help content creators chart their own destinies by controlling and deepening their relationships with fans. Creators like Michelle Phan, Boyce Avenue and Shay Carl have become global brands -- they are the next generation of celebrities with massive fan followings. Like any brand, having their own directly-managed platform is critical to their longevity. Victorious is the first platform that is truly theirs.
The millennial generation craves social engagement and mobile has become their first screen. Many digitally-born stars have wanted to develop their own mobile hub apps to interact with their fans, but haven't pursued them because of the time, labor and cost involved in creating a feature-rich native mobile product. Victorious gives creators a seamless way to build their business on mobile quickly, easily and at no charge.
With Victorious, creators can:
- Engage Communities Directly and Interactively -- Before Victorious, an audience was only "rented" to creators by the platforms on which they produced their content. Victorious enables creators to directly engage, manage and measure their communities through a host of fun, interactive features. Fans can also create new content experiences and interact with each other, elevating every community member in the mobile hub experience.
- Ignite New Content -- Victorious supports multiple content platforms and formats, from videos to photos to text. Each app also enables creators and fans to share their favorite content to other platforms.
- Capture More Revenue -- Victorious provides a host of diverse ways to monetize a creator's brand with multiple ad formats, in-app purchases and e-commerce.
- Enjoy Ease and Flexibility -- Every app is unique. Creators can publish premium, interactive apps at no charge and with no technical hassle.
What Creators Are Saying
"From the beginning, it's been my mission to establish a close relationship with my community. Partnering with Victorious presents an incredible opportunity to broaden my capabilities in the mobile space," said Michelle Phan, in association with Endemol Beyond. "Through this exciting new hub, I now have the ability to create a destination for my YouTube, Ipsy, FAWN and Em followers where they can share, learn, and celebrate within the community while empowering each other. It's a new age of experience."
"We've been eager for a long time to connect on mobile devices with our fans in a way that feels organic, direct, and personal," said Boyce Avenue. "We're excited to build something like this together with Victorious. We feel like this could be the beginning of something different, something truly great! We are in good hands."
"I've always wanted my own mobile hub where Higaholics can hang out, laugh, and make friends," said Ryan Higa. "I'm excited to partner with my friends at Victorious to build this next generation platform for creators, by creators. This is the team that will make it happen!"
Victorious is powered by a team of ex-YouTube, new media, technology and creative powerhouses.
- CEO and co-founder, Sam Rogoway, previously founded travel social network TripUp, which was later acquired by Sidestep/Kayak. He is also the co-creator of Braindex, the world's first interactive show distributed as an app (which reached #1 in the App Store and was nominated for an Emmy).
- CTO and co-founder Michael Todd joined from OpenX, where he was CTO and grew the OpenX exchange to over a $300 million a year run rate, serving over 4 trillion impressions a year. Michael previously led engineering groups at Google.
- CCO Bing Chen, who recently announced his resignation, was previously the Global Head of Creator Development and Management at YouTube, where he led program strategy and co-founded several services for the platform's 4.5 million creators worldwide. He remains, to this day, a confidant to dozens of digital luminaries.
- Executive Chairman, Dean Gilbert, is a former VP, Product at Google and most recently VP, Global Head of Content and Operations at YouTube, overseeing all creator development, media partnerships, and global business operations.
"Over the past four years, I've witnessed unknown content creators bloom into new age celebrities and media brands for the connected generation. As they grow, they increasingly crave full creative and business control," said Bing Chen, CCO of Victorious. "They are the full C-level suite: CEO, CFO, CMO, and, of course, CCO. In this world, 'Creator is King,' and we're helping to power their kingdoms. Similarly, fans are no longer passive, lean-back audiences; they've become active, participatory tribes in their own right. To that end, Community is the new Fan."
"Victorious is a technology platform with a creative soul," said Sam Rogoway, CEO of Victorious. "We have assembled a world class team to reimagine how creators and fans interact by tearing down the fourth wall. Watching and liking are not enough. Victorious is extending engagement beyond simple consumption to provide lean-forward experiences that unlock the full power of creative communities. And we're doing so on the connected generation's first screen: mobile."
To learn more about how Victorious is redefining the mobile media experience, visit victorious.com.
Victorious is a mobile platform that powers the world's most creative communities. Victorious transforms media channels into interactive mobile hubs and provides creators with their own ecosystem to distribute content, deepen their communities, and capture more commerce.