|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 02:00 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Today, Oracle welcomed its partners around the globe to the annual Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) kickoff, where it provided them with the strategies, insights, and resources they need to succeed and profit with Oracle in the current fiscal year. Hosted by Oracle executives, the live, virtual session unveiled new OPN enablement resources, including new incentive programs, designed to help partners innovate faster, service customers better, differentiate themselves in the market and grow their businesses with Oracle.
"We are celebrating the successes of our partner community and the vast contribution they make to both Oracle and our customers worldwide. We are also arming them with the strategies, technology and programs they need to continue to succeed, innovate and build a better, more profitable business with Oracle," said Rich Geraffo, senior vice president, Worldwide Alliances and Channels, Oracle.
- At its sixth annual Oracle PartnerNetwork global kickoff event today, Oracle executives outlined key strategies, insights, and programs designed to help Oracle's 25,000 partners grow and profit in fiscal year 2015 (FY2015).
- Enhanced OPN enablement resources announced include the availability of additional Oracle Exastack certifications, enriched incentive programs, and a mobile-ready OPN Solutions Catalog.
- Oracle's partners continue to find success and marketplace differentiation through the OPN Specialized program. Currently, more than 5,000 partners have obtained OPN Specialized status in more than 44,000 Specializations.
- Today, partners have the ability to become OPN Specialized in more than 150 available technology, application, solution, and industry certification areas including Oracle Fusion Applications, cloud and Oracle engineered systems offerings, which are all seeing rapid adoption.
- The number of new certification specialists alone has grown 10 percent in the past fiscal year, bringing the total to more than 120,000 certified specialists worldwide.
- To view a replay of the Oracle PartnerNetwork kickoff, visit: http://bit.ly/1pgDjXL
Incentivizing Strategic Partner Selling
- The OPN Incentive Program, which offers partners rebates on select Oracle technologies and rewards partners for investing in areas strategic to Oracle, was designed for broad market success and to provide partners the opportunity to acquire new customers and close larger deals, while gaining greater margins.
- In FY2015, the OPN Incentive Program is enhancing the way it pays partner rebates, moving from quarterly to monthly payments and significantly shortening the cycle time it takes to process payments. This new payment system will go into effect with FY2015 business.
- Oracle is also increasing focus on sales for partners who are selling Oracle on Oracle solutions and simplifying the way partners can earn rebates when they do so.
- Oracle's Virtual Compute Appliance, an integrated, software-defined converged infrastructure system designed to run virtually any application and to support cloud services, has also been added to the Strategic Product List, enabling partners to receive incremental rebates when selling this product in the broad market.
Extending Partner Opportunity with Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Cloud breaks down traditional cloud and business process silos by offering the broadest selection of enterprise-grade cloud solutions, including Oracle Applications, platform, and infrastructure services, allowing partners to deploy clouds solutions however their customers choose, both on-premises or on a subscription basis.
- Today, more than 15,000 individuals have achieved Oracle Cloud specialist certifications and 600 partners have achieved Cloud Specializations.
- Oracle's success relies on partners' ability to sell and implement Oracle Cloud services in the broad market, and as such Oracle will continue to invest more resources in helping partners maximize their cloud-based opportunities in FY2015.
- On this front, OPN is announcing a new two-tier distribution program for the Oracle Cloud portfolio, engaging the value added distributor (VAD) network to extend Oracle's reach in the broad market and scale its network of Oracle Cloud resellers.
- Through the program, Oracle will work with VADs to identify and enable partners best suited to deliver customer value in cloud implementation and managed services.
Partners Driving Customer Success with Oracle Engineered Systems
- With data growing at unprecedented levels, application providers need a robust, scalable and high-performance infrastructure to manage and analyze data at the speed of business.
- Today, more than 1,375 independent software vendor (ISV) applications are supported with Oracle engineered systems and have achieved an Oracle Exastack Ready status, and more than 200 ISV applications have achieved an Oracle Exastack Optimized status.
- Today, OPN is extending the Oracle Exastack program to include Oracle Database Appliance and Oracle Big Data Appliance Ready and Optimized options.
- For more information visit: http://bit.ly/1nxhdKZ
Driving New Opportunity with Enhanced OPN Solutions Catalog
- At the event, Oracle officially unveiled the new, mobile-enabled OPN Solutions Catalog.
- More than 30,000 customers a month search the OPN Solutions Catalog to find the right partner and solutions for their unique needs.
- The new catalog makes it even easier for customers to search for partners anytime, from anywhere.
- "Our customers are looking for a partner that can deliver an enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure for their business and our Cloud Specializations prove that Keste has the expertise they need to deliver the digital enterprise and create business value," said Sri Ayyeppen, Keste chief technology officer. "From early on, Oracle has invested in technology partners like Keste to take command in the emerging cloud market. Our Cloud Application and Cloud Builder Specializations showcase our depth of knowledge of the Oracle Cloud platform and our commitment to be a leading Oracle partner for cloud infrastructure and integration services."
- "With a proliferation of data, connecting everything, and real-time demands -- there is no doubt that we are living in interesting times when it comes to IT," said Darren Bibby, vice-president of IDC Channels and Alliances Research. "All of this change means that channel organizations need to be able to quickly jump on new technology trends, be it social, mobile, big data or others, to help their partners adopt and become successful as quickly as possible. Oracle continues to do a good job advancing its partner programs to enable partners with the resources they need to capitalize on these market opportunities and deliver value to customers."
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Blog
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Twitter, OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn and OPN on YouTube.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
Dec. 27, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,023
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big D...
Dec. 27, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,251
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 27, 2014 05:15 AM EST Reads: 2,188
In her General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing, at Verizon Enterprise, focused on finding the right mix of renting vs. buying Oracle capacity to scale to meet business demands, and offer validated Oracle database TCO models for Oracle development and testing environments. Anne Plese is a marketing and technology enthusiast/realist with over 19+ years in high tech. At Verizon Enterprise, she focuses on driving growth for the Verizon Cloud platfo...
Dec. 27, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 2,526
The Internet of Things will put IT to its ultimate test by creating infinite new opportunities to digitize products and services, generate and analyze new data to improve customer satisfaction, and discover new ways to gain a competitive advantage across nearly every industry. In order to help corporate business units to capitalize on the rapidly evolving IoT opportunities, IT must stand up to a new set of challenges. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Kaplan, Managing Director of THINKstrateg...
Dec. 27, 2014 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,793
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
Dec. 27, 2014 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,786
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series dat...
Dec. 27, 2014 02:00 AM EST Reads: 2,231
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,628
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the ...
Dec. 26, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,879
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Dec. 26, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,668
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, demonstrated how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Dec. 26, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,091
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Dec. 26, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,918
Dec. 26, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,756
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Ar...
Dec. 26, 2014 11:15 AM EST Reads: 2,421
"SAP had made a big transition into the cloud as we believe it has significant value for our customers, drives innovation and is easy to consume. When you look at the SAP portfolio, SAP HANA is the underlying platform and it powers all of our platforms and all of our analytics," explained Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce at SAP, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 26, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,862