|By Business Wire||
|June 26, 2014 09:05 AM EDT||
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest: to defeat the evil Enchantress and search for his lost beloved. (Photo: Business Wire)
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Shovel Knight – Play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest: to defeat the evil Enchantress and search for his lost beloved. He wields a Shovel Blade, a multipurpose weapon with techniques that have been lost to the ages. Exclusively on Wii U, read in-game messages from other players or write messages of your own with Miiverse integration using the Digger’s Diary. Participate in battles between two Shovel Knights in the Nintendo 3DS exclusive StreetPass Battle Arena, a crazy battle game in which anything can happen. Click here to watch the newest trailer.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Try All Five Sports: New 48-hour Wii Sports Club Free Trial* – Baseball and Boxing are available today at 6 p.m. PT on the Nintendo eShop version of Wii Sports Club! To celebrate, we’re offering all five sports in a new 48-hour trial offer from 6 p.m. PT on June 26 until 11:59 p.m. PT on December 31, 2014. This offer is in addition to the 24-hour trial offer for first-time users of the digital version of Wii Sports Club. *Note: once game play is initiated, your trial will be available for the next 48 hours.
Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse™ – Now available on both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, take on the role of Trevor Belmont, forefather of Simon, and battle Dracula in a time long before the events of the first two Castlevania games. In addition to his trusty whip, Trevor has the ability to transform into one of three different companion spirits that he meets at various points in his quest: Syfa, a young vampire hunter capable of powerful magic; Grant, a ferocious pirate who can climb on walls; and Alucard, forgotten son of Dracula who can shoot fireballs and transform into a bat. Lead on with bravery as you overcome 17 levels of never-ending horror. Click here to watch the trailer for Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse.
Nintendo eShop Sales
- Ubisoft Summer Game Sale – Select Ubisoft Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games are on sale in the Nintendo eShop at up to 75 percent off. This offer is valid until 9 a.m. PT on July 7.
- ATLUS Games – ATLUS is discounting select games in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, including Code of Princess and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. Check them out now! This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on July 7.
- Urban Trial Freestyle – Race through a wide range of urban environments in this fresh take on the action-bike-racer genre. Starting today through 9 a.m. PT on July 10, Urban Trial Freestyle is 60 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Nordic Games – For a limited time, select games from Nordic Games are on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, including Darksiders II. Visit the Nintendo eShop for full details. This offer is available until 9 a.m. PT on July 8.
- Disney’s Frozen: Olaf’s Quest – For a limited time, Disney’s Frozen: Olaf’s Quest is available at the discounted price of $19.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on July 31.
Also new this week:
- BrickBlast U! (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Monkey Pirates (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- My Arctic Farm (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- My Jurassic Farm (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Cocoro - Line Defender (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Hidden Expedition Titanic (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Plain Video Poker (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Quell Reflect - Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- SKYPEACE (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Toy Stunt Bike – Full and Demo Versions (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Anne’s Doll Studio: Antique Collection (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
- Anne’s Doll Studio: Lolita Collection (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
- Anne’s Doll Studio: Princess Collection (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
- ANONYMOUS NOTES CHAPTER 4 - FROM THE ABYSS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
- Mysterious Stars: The Samurai (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U system, as well as the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu, http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or [email protected]. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect...
Dec. 26, 2014 07:30 AM EST Reads: 2,108
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 26, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,936
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and asse...
Dec. 26, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,314
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will w...
Dec. 26, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,858
DevOps is all about agility. However, you don't want to be on a high-speed bus to nowhere. The right DevOps approach controls velocity with a tight feedback loop that not only consists of operational data but also incorporates business context. With a business context in the decision making, the right business priorities are incorporated, which results in a higher value creation. In his session at DevOps Summit, Todd Rader, Solutions Architect at AppDynamics, discussed key monitoring techniques...
Dec. 26, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,775
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to th...
Dec. 26, 2014 04:15 AM EST Reads: 2,670
SYS-CON Media announced that Centrify, a provider of unified identity management across cloud, mobile and data center environments that delivers single sign-on (SSO) for users and a simplified identity infrastructure for IT, has launched an ad campaign on Cloud Computing Journal. The ads focus on security: how an organization can successfully control privilege for all of the organization’s identities to mitigate identity-related risk without slowing down the business, and how Centrify provides ...
Dec. 26, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,735
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
Dec. 26, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,975
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 26, 2014 02:45 AM EST Reads: 2,117
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
Dec. 26, 2014 01:45 AM EST Reads: 1,601
In her General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing, at Verizon Enterprise, focused on finding the right mix of renting vs. buying Oracle capacity to scale to meet business demands, and offer validated Oracle database TCO models for Oracle development and testing environments. Anne Plese is a marketing and technology enthusiast/realist with over 19+ years in high tech. At Verizon Enterprise, she focuses on driving growth for the Verizon Cloud platfo...
Dec. 26, 2014 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,438
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 26, 2014 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,832
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the ...
Dec. 25, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,792
This builds on Puppet Labs' first class Windows support, including native .MSI packages for x32 and x64 operating systems, modules to extend common Windows server management tools, including Powershell, and integrations with Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio. By automating common Windows administration tasks, Puppet Labs is enabling users to adopt DevOps practices, thereby reducing the time needed to deploy applications from weeks to hours.
Dec. 25, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,085
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 25, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,473