|By Marketwired .||
|June 26, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/26/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
The rapid growth of cloud-based applications in the enterprise, combined with organizations' desire to integrate applications with mobile technologies, is dramatically increasing application integration complexity. To meet this challenge, Oracle today introduced Oracle SOA Suite 12c, the latest version of the industry's most complete and unified application integration and SOA solution. With simplified cloud, mobile, on-premises, and Internet of Things (IoT) integration capabilities, all within a single platform, Oracle SOA Suite 12c helps organizations speed time to integration, improve productivity, and lower TCO.
What Customers Are Saying
- "Our cloud integration with Oracle SOA Suite has seamlessly connected our field representatives to back-office orders anywhere, anytime, and on any mobile device," said Rajeev Sethi, senior director of IT Applications at JDSU. "I'm really excited about the major enhancements in Oracle SOA Suite 12c that have made cloud integration and mobile enablement even easier to implement."
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c enables organizations to easily integrate and connect applications across their entire IT ecosystem on a single, unified platform, helping them achieve faster time to market and increased productivity with a low TCO.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c simplifies cloud integration with ongoing additions to Oracle Cloud Adapters, which help organizations integrate well-known SaaS applications including Oracle Sales Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud, Oracle Service Cloud, Salesforce.com, and many others. This adapter framework uses the same intuitive adapter methodology customers are familiar with for on-premises integration.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c includes new features to help increase developer productivity, including a single-click installer, new debugging and testing capabilities, and extensive templating that can be used to share best practices as well as accelerate the development or maintenance of projects.
- The runtime and footprint of the product have been optimized at every level (memory, disk, database) to support mission critical enterprise-wide deployments and web-scale performance, further enabling customers to process increasingly massive workloads.
- In addition, the new release provides rapid and advanced mobile integration with improved support for lightweight REST and JSON integration standards. API management, which exposes enterprise applications as REST and JSON, is now simplified as a result of native support for these standards within Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
- To extend its B2B solution capabilities with Oracle SOA Suite 12c, Oracle is unveiling Oracle Managed File Transfer, an integrated solution that enables organizations to virtually eliminate file transfer complexities. This allows customers to load data securely into Oracle Cloud applications as well as third-party cloud or partner applications.
- Oracle Event Processing, part of Oracle SOA Suite, can handle up to a million messages per second at extremely low latencies when running on Oracle engineered systems(1), making it the ideal solution to perform real-time filtering, geo-location, and pattern matching on the massive streams of data generated by IoT "smart" devices.
- New to Oracle Event Processing 12c is the shared use of the Oracle SOA Suite user interface, providing companies the ability to seamlessly integrate filtered and correlated big data into actionable enterprise processes for corrective action.
- Oracle Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) 12c, part of Oracle SOA Suite 12c, has been enhanced to enable rapid and flexible assessment of key performance indicators (KPIs) by storing the data in the industry standard star schema format.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c also includes new manageability enhancements for private cloud deployments. Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c features "push button"-style provisioning of complete environments for Oracle SOA 12c and fast data cloning that enables rapid deployment and testing of enterprise applications.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c is built on the best-of-breed application server, Oracle WebLogic Server 12c, which adds new enhancements for developer productivity, performance, high availability, and manageability. These products are part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c is available on Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and scheduled for general availability in July, 2014.
- Register for the launch webcast "Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c" on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at 10:00 AM PDT.
Simplified Application Integration
Oracle SOA Suite 12c unifies disparate environments through a single, complete platform. Oracle SOA Suite 12c enables:
- Simplified Cloud Integration: By providing support for Oracle Cloud Adapters, Oracle SOA Suite 12c delivers simplified integration regardless of deployment location -- in the cloud or on-premises. Oracle Cloud Adapters provide breakthrough developer productivity, comprehensive connectivity, reliability, and performance for integration. Oracle plans to continue to offer new adapters on the Oracle SOA Suite 12c platform. The latest release also introduces the Oracle Cloud Adapter Software Development Kit (SDK), enabling customers and partners to create their own Oracle Cloud Adapters to simplify integration for future projects.
- Advanced Mobile Integration: To meet organizations' demands to rapidly integrate mobile applications, Oracle SOA Suite 12c delivers support for the REST and JSON integration standards, which are lightweight and well suited for mobile development. In addition, the new release has the capability to automatically convert XML to JSON.
- Increased Productivity: Features include templates to promote best practices and help reduce development time, as well as a unified interface that is standardized on Oracle JDeveloper for Oracle Service Bus and Oracle Event Processing.
- Consolidation of File Exchanges: Oracle SOA Suite 12c also allows for streamlined file transfer management by consolidating disparate FTP point solutions across the organization through Oracle Managed File Transfer, a single, integrated solution that helps to simplify integration, lower costs and reduce errors.
- "Exciting additions to Oracle SOA Suite include the new Oracle Cloud Adapters that allow for seamless integration with cloud applications. Most organizations have some or most of their non-critical applications in the cloud, whether it is Oracle Applications, Salesforce.com, or others. And integration is always a challenge because you still have to integrate with some of the on-premises systems. With the new Oracle Cloud Adapters, you don't have to worry about all the operations that are exposed by the cloud provider, allowing integration to be much easier," said Badhri Rajagopalan, practice director, SOA Integration, Bluenog.
- "To capitalize on new business opportunities, organizations need the flexibility to use diverse solutions and environments to best meet their needs, and this can pose distinct and sizeable application integration challenges," said Amit Zavery, group vice president, Fusion Middleware, Oracle. "With Oracle SOA Suite 12c, we are helping organizations overcome those obstacles by delivering an integration platform that is specifically designed for organizations' diverse application ecosystems. By enabling significantly simplified integration, Oracle SOA Suite 12c helps organizations speed time to market, increase productivity and lower costs."
- Register for the launch webcast "Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c" on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at 10:00 AM PDT
- Data Sheet: Oracle SOA Suite 12c
- Podcasts: Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c; Faster Time to Integrate
- White Paper: Simplifying Cloud Integration
- White Paper: Brave New Integration World: A Unified Framework for Cloud, Mobile, Internet of Things, Application Integration, and B2B
- White Paper: Oracle SOA Suite 12c - a Detailed Look
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Join Oracle SOA Suite communities on Facebook, Twitter, Blog, and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The following is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
(1) Tests used a common event processing use case, with the application running on a single-node Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud (1/30th of a full rack).
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2627082
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2627085
VictorOps is making on-call suck less with the only collaborative alert management platform on the market. With easy on-call scheduling management, a real-time incident timeline that gives you contextual relevance around your alerts and powerful reporting features that make post-mortems more effective, VictorOps helps your IT/DevOps team solve problems faster.
Mar. 1, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,216
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, will discuss why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices ra...
Mar. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,443
Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, had reached 30,000 page views on his home page - http://RobertoMedrano.SYS-CON.com/ - on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, Internet of Things Journal, Big Data Journal, and SOA World Magazine. He is a recognized executive in the information technology fields of SOA, internet security, governance, and compliance. He has extensive experience with both start-ups and large companies, having been ...
Mar. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,226
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focu...
Mar. 1, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,349
Operational Hadoop and the Lambda Architecture for Streaming Data Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing...
Mar. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,332
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes ...
Mar. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,211
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, it is now feasible to create a rich desktop and tuned mobile experience with a single codebase, without compromising performance or usability.
Mar. 1, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,109
SYS-CON Events announced today Arista Networks will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Arista Networks was founded to deliver software-driven cloud networking solutions for large data center and computing environments. Arista’s award-winning 10/40/100GbE switches redefine scalability, robustness, and price-performance, with over 3,000 customers and more than three million cloud networking ports depl...
Mar. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,558
Application metrics, logs, and business KPIs are a goldmine. It’s easy to get started with the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) – you can see lots of people coming up with impressive dashboards, in less than a day, with no previous experience. Going from proof-of-concept to production tends to be a bit more difficult, unfortunately, and it tends to gobble up our attention, time, and money. In his session at DevOps Summit, Otis Gospodnetić, co-author of Lucene in Action and founder...
Mar. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,315
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, will explain the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is r...
Mar. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,188
Thanks to Docker, it becomes very easy to leverage containers to build, ship, and run any Linux application on any kind of infrastructure. Docker is particularly helpful for microservice architectures because their successful implementation relies on a fast, efficient deployment mechanism – which is precisely one of the features of Docker. Microservice architectures are therefore becoming more popular, and are increasingly seen as an interesting option even for smaller projects, instead of bein...
Mar. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,560
Security can create serious friction for DevOps processes. We've come up with an approach to alleviate the friction and provide security value to DevOps teams. In her session at DevOps Summit, Shannon Lietz, Senior Manager of DevSecOps at Intuit, will discuss how DevSecOps got started and how it has evolved. Shannon Lietz has over two decades of experience pursuing next generation security solutions. She is currently the DevSecOps Leader for Intuit where she is responsible for setting and driv...
Mar. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,369
The explosion of connected devices / sensors is creating an ever-expanding set of new and valuable data. In parallel the emerging capability of Big Data technologies to store, access, analyze, and react to this data is producing changes in business models under the umbrella of the Internet of Things (IoT). In particular within the Insurance industry, IoT appears positioned to enable deep changes by altering relationships between insurers, distributors, and the insured. In his session at @Things...
Mar. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,263
SYS-CON Events announced today that Open Data Centers (ODC), a carrier-neutral colocation provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Open Data Centers is a carrier-neutral data center operator in New Jersey and New York City offering alternative connectivity options for carriers, service providers and enterprise customers.
Mar. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,916
Even as cloud and managed services grow increasingly central to business strategy and performance, challenges remain. The biggest sticking point for companies seeking to capitalize on the cloud is data security. Keeping data safe is an issue in any computing environment, and it has been a focus since the earliest days of the cloud revolution. Understandably so: a lot can go wrong when you allow valuable information to live outside the firewall. Recent revelations about government snooping, along...
Mar. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 6,958