|By Marketwired .||
|June 26, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/26/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
The rapid growth of cloud-based applications in the enterprise, combined with organizations' desire to integrate applications with mobile technologies, is dramatically increasing application integration complexity. To meet this challenge, Oracle today introduced Oracle SOA Suite 12c, the latest version of the industry's most complete and unified application integration and SOA solution. With simplified cloud, mobile, on-premises, and Internet of Things (IoT) integration capabilities, all within a single platform, Oracle SOA Suite 12c helps organizations speed time to integration, improve productivity, and lower TCO.
What Customers Are Saying
- "Our cloud integration with Oracle SOA Suite has seamlessly connected our field representatives to back-office orders anywhere, anytime, and on any mobile device," said Rajeev Sethi, senior director of IT Applications at JDSU. "I'm really excited about the major enhancements in Oracle SOA Suite 12c that have made cloud integration and mobile enablement even easier to implement."
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c enables organizations to easily integrate and connect applications across their entire IT ecosystem on a single, unified platform, helping them achieve faster time to market and increased productivity with a low TCO.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c simplifies cloud integration with ongoing additions to Oracle Cloud Adapters, which help organizations integrate well-known SaaS applications including Oracle Sales Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud, Oracle Service Cloud, Salesforce.com, and many others. This adapter framework uses the same intuitive adapter methodology customers are familiar with for on-premises integration.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c includes new features to help increase developer productivity, including a single-click installer, new debugging and testing capabilities, and extensive templating that can be used to share best practices as well as accelerate the development or maintenance of projects.
- The runtime and footprint of the product have been optimized at every level (memory, disk, database) to support mission critical enterprise-wide deployments and web-scale performance, further enabling customers to process increasingly massive workloads.
- In addition, the new release provides rapid and advanced mobile integration with improved support for lightweight REST and JSON integration standards. API management, which exposes enterprise applications as REST and JSON, is now simplified as a result of native support for these standards within Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
- To extend its B2B solution capabilities with Oracle SOA Suite 12c, Oracle is unveiling Oracle Managed File Transfer, an integrated solution that enables organizations to virtually eliminate file transfer complexities. This allows customers to load data securely into Oracle Cloud applications as well as third-party cloud or partner applications.
- Oracle Event Processing, part of Oracle SOA Suite, can handle up to a million messages per second at extremely low latencies when running on Oracle engineered systems(1), making it the ideal solution to perform real-time filtering, geo-location, and pattern matching on the massive streams of data generated by IoT "smart" devices.
- New to Oracle Event Processing 12c is the shared use of the Oracle SOA Suite user interface, providing companies the ability to seamlessly integrate filtered and correlated big data into actionable enterprise processes for corrective action.
- Oracle Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) 12c, part of Oracle SOA Suite 12c, has been enhanced to enable rapid and flexible assessment of key performance indicators (KPIs) by storing the data in the industry standard star schema format.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c also includes new manageability enhancements for private cloud deployments. Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c features "push button"-style provisioning of complete environments for Oracle SOA 12c and fast data cloning that enables rapid deployment and testing of enterprise applications.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c is built on the best-of-breed application server, Oracle WebLogic Server 12c, which adds new enhancements for developer productivity, performance, high availability, and manageability. These products are part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c is available on Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and scheduled for general availability in July, 2014.
- Register for the launch webcast "Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c" on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at 10:00 AM PDT.
Simplified Application Integration
Oracle SOA Suite 12c unifies disparate environments through a single, complete platform. Oracle SOA Suite 12c enables:
- Simplified Cloud Integration: By providing support for Oracle Cloud Adapters, Oracle SOA Suite 12c delivers simplified integration regardless of deployment location -- in the cloud or on-premises. Oracle Cloud Adapters provide breakthrough developer productivity, comprehensive connectivity, reliability, and performance for integration. Oracle plans to continue to offer new adapters on the Oracle SOA Suite 12c platform. The latest release also introduces the Oracle Cloud Adapter Software Development Kit (SDK), enabling customers and partners to create their own Oracle Cloud Adapters to simplify integration for future projects.
- Advanced Mobile Integration: To meet organizations' demands to rapidly integrate mobile applications, Oracle SOA Suite 12c delivers support for the REST and JSON integration standards, which are lightweight and well suited for mobile development. In addition, the new release has the capability to automatically convert XML to JSON.
- Increased Productivity: Features include templates to promote best practices and help reduce development time, as well as a unified interface that is standardized on Oracle JDeveloper for Oracle Service Bus and Oracle Event Processing.
- Consolidation of File Exchanges: Oracle SOA Suite 12c also allows for streamlined file transfer management by consolidating disparate FTP point solutions across the organization through Oracle Managed File Transfer, a single, integrated solution that helps to simplify integration, lower costs and reduce errors.
- "Exciting additions to Oracle SOA Suite include the new Oracle Cloud Adapters that allow for seamless integration with cloud applications. Most organizations have some or most of their non-critical applications in the cloud, whether it is Oracle Applications, Salesforce.com, or others. And integration is always a challenge because you still have to integrate with some of the on-premises systems. With the new Oracle Cloud Adapters, you don't have to worry about all the operations that are exposed by the cloud provider, allowing integration to be much easier," said Badhri Rajagopalan, practice director, SOA Integration, Bluenog.
- "To capitalize on new business opportunities, organizations need the flexibility to use diverse solutions and environments to best meet their needs, and this can pose distinct and sizeable application integration challenges," said Amit Zavery, group vice president, Fusion Middleware, Oracle. "With Oracle SOA Suite 12c, we are helping organizations overcome those obstacles by delivering an integration platform that is specifically designed for organizations' diverse application ecosystems. By enabling significantly simplified integration, Oracle SOA Suite 12c helps organizations speed time to market, increase productivity and lower costs."
- Register for the launch webcast "Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c" on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at 10:00 AM PDT
- Data Sheet: Oracle SOA Suite 12c
- Podcasts: Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c; Faster Time to Integrate
- White Paper: Simplifying Cloud Integration
- White Paper: Brave New Integration World: A Unified Framework for Cloud, Mobile, Internet of Things, Application Integration, and B2B
- White Paper: Oracle SOA Suite 12c - a Detailed Look
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Join Oracle SOA Suite communities on Facebook, Twitter, Blog, and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The following is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
(1) Tests used a common event processing use case, with the application running on a single-node Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud (1/30th of a full rack).
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2627082
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2627085
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York June 9-11 will find fresh new content in a new track called PaaS | Containers & Microservices Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda. With the launch ...
Apr. 26, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,892
While DevOps most critically and famously fosters collaboration, communication, and integration through cultural change, culture is more of an output than an input. In order to actively drive cultural evolution, organizations must make substantial organizational and process changes, and adopt new technologies, to encourage a DevOps culture. Moderated by Andi Mann, panelists will discuss how to balance these three pillars of DevOps, where to focus attention (and resources), where organizations m...
Apr. 26, 2015 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,051
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,492
of cloud, colocation, managed services and disaster recovery solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. TierPoint, LLC, is a leading national provider of information technology and data center services, including cloud, colocation, disaster recovery and managed IT services, with corporate headquarters in St. Louis, MO. TierPoint was formed through the strategic combination of some of t...
Apr. 26, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,667
SYS-CON Events announced today that Column Technologies, a global technology solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a leader in application performance and infrastructure management for commercial and federal markets. The company is headquartered in the United States, with a diverse and talented team of more than 350 employees around th...
Apr. 26, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,807
Health care systems across the globe are under enormous strain, as facilities reach capacity and costs continue to rise. M2M and the Internet of Things have the potential to transform the industry through connected health solutions that can make care more efficient while reducing costs. In fact, Vodafone's annual M2M Barometer Report forecasts M2M applications rising to 57 percent in health care and life sciences by 2016. Lively is one of Vodafone's health care partners, whose solutions enable o...
Apr. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,535
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ciqada will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ciqada™ makes it easy to connect your products to the Internet. By integrating key components - hardware, servers, dashboards, and mobile apps - into an easy-to-use, configurable system, your products can quickly and securely join the internet of things. With remote monitoring, control, and alert messaging capability, you will mee...
Apr. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,934
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Apr. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,515
SYS-CON Events announced today that GENBAND, a leading developer of real time communications software solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's WebRTC Summit, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The GENBAND team will be on hand to demonstrate their newest product, Kandy. Kandy is a communications Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables companies to seamlessly integrate more human communications into their Web and mobile applicatio...
Apr. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,752
Public Cloud IaaS started it's life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in ado...
Apr. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,322
Dave will share his insights on how Internet of Things for Enterprises are transforming and making more productive and efficient operations and maintenance (O&M) procedures in the cleantech industry and beyond. Speaker Bio: Dave Landa is chief operating officer of Cybozu Corp (kintone US). Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Dave has been on the forefront of the Cloud revolution driving strategic business development on the executive teams of multiple leading Software as a Services (SaaS) ap...
Apr. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,579
The best mobile applications are augmented by dedicated servers, the Internet and Cloud services. Mobile developers should focus on one thing: writing the next socially disruptive viral app. Thanks to the cloud, they can focus on the overall solution, not the underlying plumbing. From iOS to Android and Windows, developers can leverage cloud services to create a common cross-platform backend to persist user settings, app data, broadcast notifications, run jobs, etc. This session provide...
Apr. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,429
SYS-CON Events announced today that BroadSoft, the leading global provider of Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) services to operators worldwide, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's WebRTC Summit, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BroadSoft is the leading provider of software and services that enable mobile, fixed-line and cable service providers to offer Unified Communications over their Internet Protocol networks. The Compa...
Apr. 26, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,562
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of C...
Apr. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,801
ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure IaaS, today released its SDK for Ruby, written against the company's new RESTful API. The new SDK joins ProfitBricks' previously announced support for the popular multi-cloud open-source Fog project. This new Ruby SDK, which exposes advanced functionality to take advantage of ProfitBricks' simplicity and productivity, aligns with ProfitBricks' mission to provide a painless way to automate infrastructure in the cloud. Ruby is a genera...
Apr. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,085