|By Business Wire||
|July 2, 2014 09:17 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lrfr4r/mhealth_and_home) has announced the addition of the "mHealth and Home Monitoring - 6th Edition" report to their offering.
Remote patient monitoring revenues will reach €19.4 billion by 2018
This report estimates that revenues for remote patient monitoring (RPM) solutions reached €4.3 billion in 2013, including revenues from medical monitoring devices, mHealth connectivity solutions, care delivery software platforms and monitoring services. RPM revenues are expected to grow at a CAGR of 35.0 percent between 2013 and 2018, reaching €19.4 billion at the end of the forecast period.
Savings attributable to payers and care providers will by far exceed this amount as connected care solutions can allow better health outcomes to be achieved more cost efficiently. The new care models enabled by these technologies are furthermore often consistent with patients' preferences of living more healthy, active and independent lives. While the healthcare industry is advancing towards an age where connected care solutions will be part of standard practices, this progress is still far from uniform.
The growth in the remote patient monitoring market is today centred on very specific market verticals and regions. Most of the market growth in the sleep therapy segment has for instance occurred in the US and France, where frequent compliance audits are becoming more common said Lars Kurkinen, Senior Analyst, Berg Insight. He adds that the telehealth market benefits from local and regional project financing in several European countries, whereas remotely monitored medication dispensers gain traction among home care providers in the Benelux and Nordic countries in particular.
In addition to this, the first pharmaceutical companies have recently initiated rollouts of connected adherence monitoring solutions that are bundled together with specific drugs. Another high-level development that will have a major impact on the use of connected care solutions in several countries during the coming years is the shift from fee-for-service reimbursement systems to pay-for-performance structures that emphasize cost-effective delivery of quality care, adds Mr Kurkinen. In the US, one example of this development is the large number of RFPs for telehealth solutions that are being issued due to the hospital readmission reduction programs.
This report will allow you to:
- Profit from 40 new executive interviews with market leading companies.
- Study the strategies of 95 key players in the mHealth ecosystem.
- Learn about key home health monitoring devices and services.
- Understand the dynamics of the health monitoring market in Europe and North America.
- Comprehend how wireless technology can become seamlessly integrated with medical devices.
- Evaluate the business opportunities in the emerging mHealth segment.
- Predict future market and technology developments.
This report answers the following questions:
- Which medical conditions offer the best potential for wireless health monitoring solutions?
- Who are the leading providers of medical devices for home monitoring?
- What are the mHealth strategies of mobile operators?
- Which are the general technology trends for home health monitoring equipment?
- What initiatives have been taken by the leading players in the telecom and IT industries?
- How can connectivity redefine the use cases of medical devices and the value propositions to patients and other stakeholders?
- What are the market shares of the top 5 integrated telehealth solution vendors?
- Why are smartphone applications so significant for the mHealth market?
- How can medical device vendors and care providers leverage mHealth platforms?
Key Topics Covered:
1 The challenge from welfare diseases
2 mHealth platforms
3 Physiological monitoring solution providers
4 Medication and integrated monitoring solution providers
5 Market analysis and forecasts
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lrfr4r/mhealth_and_home