|By Jayaram Krishnaswamy||
|July 4, 2014 11:18 PM EDT||
This is a great tool if you are working with Oracle and you can do all of this:
I have been using SQL Developer tool since 2007 and I find the latest version released this may vastly improved with a rich interface.
The latest release 4.0 can be downloaded from here:
Oracle SQL Developer 4.0.2 (184.108.40.206.21)
The x64 bit version I downloaded came with the required JDK (7.0).
- Database performance monitoring'
- Database search
- Command line support now covers reporting and Cart
- Cart itself has enhanced features-multiple cart support; export ddl options, etc.
- Creating and drill -down on Reports with floating Editor and Navigation windows
- UI enhancements- Usability enhancements
- Data modeler is now 4.0 to support 12C with masking of sensitive data and ability to create Trasparent Sensitive Data Protection
- Oracle Migrations
- Oracle Data Miner
with), unzip and start using.
While installing you may import your preferances from an earlier version if it exists. The
computer I am using did not have any previous installation.
The User Interface gets displayed as shown with a modal window requesting your permission
to track usage for product improvement. I generally say, OK.
The View menu shows many of the features that you will be using.
Team menu lets you connect to GIT or to Subversion
The Start page also has important informative content such as Videos; Tutorials and Online demonstrations, etc
You must not forget to take a look at the Help | About which gives an idea of all the extensions
You will agree that SQL Developer has evolved vastly from its beginnings,
This vastly improved compared to the ones I used in previous years:
Here is a context for this article if you have missed the earlier ones: