|By Marketwired .||
|July 7, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/07/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
With spending on enterprise software projected to grow 6.8 percent to $320 billion in 2014(1), organizations must maximize the return on their technology investments. To help drive user adoption of both cloud and on-premise applications, Oracle is introducing Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) Standard and Professional 12.1. With this updated learning and training platform, organizations can achieve greater user adoption across key applications, and in turn increase employee engagement, productivity, and efficiency.
- To help organizations maximize the return on their enterprise application investments, Oracle is announcing the availability of Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) Standard and Professional 12.1.
- Oracle UPK is an easy-to-use, comprehensive platform that helps organizations develop, maintain, and deploy content to increase user productivity and adoption of new and existing enterprise applications.
- Through pre-built integration across popular enterprise applications and an in-application software development kit (SDK) to connect with third-party applications, customers can easily deliver context-sensitive performance support and customized training content to users directly within the business software they rely on the most.
- The latest version of Oracle UPK includes advanced capabilities for mobile devices, improved content creation and management functionality, and robust deployment options with cloud-based applications.
- The new release delivers more engaging and effective training for employees, while helping to streamline administration processes for content authors.
Capture Maximum ROI from Technology Investments
- With significant enhancements to the design and functionality in Oracle UPK 12.1 and Oracle UPK Professional 12.1, customers can mitigate risk through all phases of an application project's lifecycle, significantly reduce time to deployment, and improve end user adoption. The new and updated features in both versions of Oracle UPK enable organizations to:
- Drive Cloud Application Adoption: With performance optimizations and low bandwidth delivery, Oracle UPK 12.1 is an ideal platform to combine with cloud application deployments.
- Deliver an Intuitive, Mobile User Experience: New iPad capabilities let users access UPK content, including touch-friendly UPK Player and Knowledge Center interfaces, from anywhere and at any time. Additionally, UPK content launched through learning management systems is now supported on the iPad.
- Create Engaging and Easily Manageable Content: New content creation tools, including a web page editor, built-in style sheet editor, and screenshot overlay, offer additional efficiencies for the development and maintenance of engaging content. Additionally, a streamlined interface across the Record It! Wizard is designed to make content creation simpler, enabling users to quickly contribute content.
- Support Virtually Seamless Collaboration: Updates to the UPK Player help users share content with greater precision, making it easier to engage in informal learning, technical support, and knowledge sharing.
- Easily View and Manage Training Content: Powerful search functionality incorporated into the Knowledge Center and an updated In-Application Support Configuration Utility encourage better collaboration across content creation teams and streamline cross-functional administration.
- Spur Adoption Across Applications: With built-in recognition for user actions and user interfaces across all major Oracle applications and select third-party applications, Oracle UPK 12.1 supports a large set of applications in the industry. The latest release adds support for the latest versions of Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle's Siebel Open UI, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's PeopleSoft, and SAP GUI for Windows.
- Oracle UPK customers that are current on maintenance can upgrade to the latest version at no additional charge.
- "With the increasing pace of business technology innovation, organizations have greater opportunity to secure new efficiencies that positively impact business, talent and profits -- but only if users adopt and use the technology," said Taimur Mirza, senior director, Oracle Product Development. "With new features and enhancements requested by our customers, Oracle User Productivity Kit 12.1 helps organizations get up and running on enterprise applications faster and easier so their employees can focus more time on driving business results."
- Oracle User Productivity Kit
- What's New in UPK 12.1?
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Technical Specifications (PDF)
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Target Applications Technical Specifications
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Player File Size and Bandwidth
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Gartner Worldwide IT Spending Forecast, January 2014: http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2643919
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial C...
Jan. 26, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,496
SYS-CON Media announced that Splunk, a provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, has launched an ad campaign on Big Data Journal. Splunk software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. The ads focus on delivering ROI - how improved uptime delivered $6M in annual ROI, improving customer operations by minin...
Jan. 26, 2015 12:45 AM EST Reads: 3,436
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 26, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,128
"SOASTA built the concept of cloud testing in 2008. It's grown from rather meager beginnings to where now we are provisioning hundreds of thousands of servers on a daily basis on behalf of customers around the world to test their applications," explained Tom Lounibos, CEO of SOASTA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 26, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,164
SYS-CON Events announced today that ActiveState, the leading independent Cloud Foundry and Docker-based PaaS provider, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. ActiveState believes that enterprises gain a competitive advantage when they are able to quickly create, deploy and efficiently manage software solutions that immediately create business value, but they face many challenges that ...
Jan. 25, 2015 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,760
“This win means a great deal to us because it is decided by the readers – the people who understand how use of our technology enables new insights that drive the business,” said Matt Davies, senior director, EMEA marketing, Splunk. “Splunk Enterprise enables organizations to improve service levels, reduce operations costs, mitigate security risks, enhance DevOps collaboration, create new product and service offerings and obtain deeper insight into customer behavior. Being named Best Business App...
Jan. 25, 2015 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,753
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, ...
Jan. 25, 2015 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,303
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Jan. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,337
SYS-CON Media announced that Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow, has launched a new ad campaign in Cloud Computing Journal. The ad campaign, a webcast titled 'Is Your Data Center Ready for the Application Economy?', focuses on the latest data center networking technologies, including SDN or ACI, and how customers are using SDN and ACI in their organizations to achieve business agility. The Cisco webcast is available on-demand.
Jan. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,221
Datapipe has acquired GoGrid, a provider of multi-cloud solutions for Big Data deployments. GoGrid’s proprietary orchestration and automation technologies provide 1-Button deployment for Big Data solutions that speed creation and results of new cloud projects. “GoGrid has made it easy for companies to stand up Big Data solutions quickly,” said Robb Allen, CEO, Datapipe. “Datapipe customers will achieve significant value from the speed at which we can now create new Big Data projects in the clou...
Jan. 25, 2015 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,569
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what th...
Jan. 25, 2015 06:15 PM EST Reads: 3,789
The Internet of Things (IoT) is rapidly in the process of breaking from its heretofore relatively obscure enterprise applications (such as plant floor control and supply chain management) and going mainstream into the consumer space. More and more creative folks are interconnecting everyday products such as household items, mobile devices, appliances and cars, and unleashing new and imaginative scenarios. We are seeing a lot of excitement around applications in home automation, personal fitness,...
Jan. 25, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,714
Security can create serious friction for DevOps processes. We've come up with an approach to alleviate the friction and provide security value to DevOps teams. In her session at DevOps Summit, Shannon Lietz, Senior Manager of DevSecOps at Intuit, will discuss how DevSecOps got started and how it has evolved. Shannon Lietz has over two decades of experience pursuing next generation security solutions. She is currently the DevSecOps Leader for Intuit where she is responsible for setting and driv...
Jan. 25, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,407
Dale Kim is the Director of Industry Solutions at MapR. His background includes a variety of technical and management roles at information technology companies. While his experience includes work with relational databases, much of his career pertains to non-relational data in the areas of search, content management, and NoSQL, and includes senior roles in technical marketing, sales engineering, and support engineering. Dale holds an MBA from Santa Clara University, and a BA in Computer Science f...
Jan. 25, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,990
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to evolve the way the world does business; however, understanding how to apply it to your company can be a mystery. Most people struggle with understanding the potential business uses or tend to get caught up in the technology, resulting in solutions that fail to meet even minimum business goals. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO / President / Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., showed what is needed to leverage the IoT to transform your business. ...
Jan. 25, 2015 04:30 PM EST Reads: 3,022