|By Business Wire||
|July 8, 2014 08:10 AM EDT||
GT Software, the sole distributor of Fujitsu’s NetCOBOL outside of Japan, has announced two new releases for its NetCOBOL user base, namely NetCOBOL for .NET v6.0 and NetCOBOL for Windows v11x64.
NetCOBOL is a COBOL compiler that not only takes the risk out of modernizing legacy applications by preserving original COBOL code, it now runs on Microsoft® Windows® Azure™—without virtual machines or emulation. NetCOBOL also helps customers reduce cost over other COBOL compilers because NetCOBOL solutions run on as many machines as necessary — without the runtime fees that other COBOL compiler providers offer.
New features and performance enhancements provided by the two recent releases include:
- Supports Visual Studio 2013 / .NET Framework 4.5.1
- Support for CSV data file format
- Support of recursive calls
- Support of CBL subroutines that are compatible with COBOL CBL subroutines from Micro Focus Co., Ltd.
- Performance enhancements for stored procedures
- Provides UTF-32 support; encoding form UTF-32 can now be used
- Support for COBOL Resource Projects, which are used for management of library and descriptor files in NetCOBOL Studio
- Support for COBOL Solution Projects, which are used for management of multiple projects in NetCOBOL Studio
- Adds a project configuration conversion capability, which converts previous version Project Manager projects from NetCOBOL for Windows v10.1 and earlier to NetCOBOL Studio
These newest enhancements to the .NET and Windows NetCOBOL solutions integrate additional functionality and support of more technologies with an improved user experience. In addition to .NET and Windows platforms, GT Software also offers Fujitsu’s NetCOBOL for Linux and for Solaris (SPARC).
Scott Lance, president at GT Software, notes, “We are excited to launch this latest version of NetCOBOL, and pleased that we can continue to introduce new ways for our customers to leverage .NET technology and drastically reduce their costs, while increasing performance and productivity.”
For more information about Fujitsu’s NetCOBOL solutions, please visit www.netcobol.com.
About GT Software
For more than 30 years GT Software has helped enterprise organizations align their IT infrastructure with business strategy by unifying business information across mainframe and emerging server platforms, data formats or programming languages. More than 2,500 organizations across the globe trust GT Software’s solutions to improve customer experiences, operational efficiency and innovation. For more information, visit www.gtsoftware.com.
GT Software and all other GT Software products and service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of GT Software. All other trademarks or registered trademarks belong to their respective companies. © 2014, GT Software. All rights reserved.