|By Marketwired .||
|July 8, 2014 02:11 PM EDT||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 07/08/14 -- Who says camp is just for kids? Yes, many children will be spending their school vacation at summer camp, creating memories, making new friends and enjoying days packed with fun-filled activities. However, that doesn't mean adults have to miss out on the fun. In fact, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have uncovered lots of great adventures all around the world just waiting for grown-ups with their Top 11 Camps for Adults. It's not too late to relive your childhood or, better yet, fulfill one of your childhood dreams at one of these camps. The best part, adults don't have to wait until the summer as many of these camps can be experienced throughout the year!
Have you always wanted to become a chef, surfer, rock star, winemaker, hockey player or astronaut? Fulfill your dreams at one of these six camps featured in our list of Top 11 Adult Camps:
- Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp, Las Vegas, United States - Was your childhood dream to become a rock star? If so, then get ready for this once in a lifetime experience and spend four days perfecting your music skills. You will write and record songs and even perform an original hit! No instrument? No problem. The camp provides loaner instruments and lunches but be sure to book your own accommodation. ($5,322 CAD).
- Grape Camp, Sonoma, California, United States - Get behind the scenes at Grape Camp and spend three days picking grapes and blending your own wine with your very own hands. Learn about the art of working in a vineyard, wine's DNA, food and wine pairings and insider secrets from master winemakers. Accommodation and meals included. ($2,133 CAD pp or $3,947 CAD per couple).
- Surf Camp Australia, 7-mile Beach Gerroa, Yamba, Byron Bay - You'll become a pro surfer in no time at Surf Camp Australia. Choose between two, three, five, seven or 10-day programs and be taught by the best. Each program includes everything you'll need from accommodation to food to gear to an endless amount of fun. Spend your days surfing and your evenings enjoying all the local nightlife has to offer. (Rates vary).
- Adult Space Academy, Huntsville, Alabama, United States - Do you dream of walking on the moon? Well now you can get one step closer at this weekend-long Adult Space Academy at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. Spend three or four days learning what it would be like to train as an astronaut by constructing and launching rockets, training on simulators and hanging out in one of the world's largest space aircraft collections. Meals and lodging included. ($585-$690 CAD).
- The International Kitchen, multiple locations - Enjoy a two-to-seven-night cooking vacation in any of the 90 locations offered. The International Kitchen specializes exclusively in culinary travel, giving you a top quality, authentic, intimate cooking experience. Choose among experiences in multiple cities in Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Morocco, Mexico, Central & South America and the United Kingdom. Not only will you learn about the local flavours, but you will also spend time learning about the culture and history of your destination. Price includes accommodation, cooking lessons in English, excursions and food. (Rates vary).
- Adult Hockey Camp, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada - Spend four days on ice developing your skills and learning about the art of hockey. Receive your own official hockey camp jersey and socks, stay at first-class hotel accommodation and receive instructions from the pros. Meals and accommodation included. ($850 CAD).
The camps for adults rounding out our list of are: Camp Grounded, Navarro, California, United States; Silver Island Yoga retreat, Silver Island, Greece; Zombie Survival Course, New Jersey, United States; Crossword University Cruise; and The Camp (boot camp), Scotland, Spain or England. To read the fun details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of Top 11 Camps for Adults, visit www.cheapflights.ca/news/top-11-camps-adults.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2634464
The cloud is now a fact of life but generating recurring revenues that are driven by solutions and services on a consumption model have been hard to implement, until now. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, will discuss how a top European telco has leveraged the innovative recurring revenue generating capability of the consumption cloud to enable a unique cloud monetization mod...
Mar. 6, 2015 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,985
FedRAMP is mandatory for government cloud deployments and businesses need to comply in order to provide services for federal engagements. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Abel Sussman, Director for Coalfire Public Sector practice, will review the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) process and provide advice on overcoming common compliance obstacles.
Mar. 6, 2015 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,633
Red Hat has launched the Red Hat Cloud Innovation Practice, a new global team of experts that will assist companies with more quickly on-ramping to the cloud. They will do this by providing solutions and services such as validated designs with reference architectures and agile methodology consulting, training, and support. The Red Hat Cloud Innovation Practice is born out of the integration of technology and engineering expertise gained through the company’s 2014 acquisitions of leading Ceph s...
Mar. 6, 2015 07:45 PM EST Reads: 1,203
Are your applications getting in the way of your business strategy? It’s time to rethink your IT approach. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Madhukar Kumar, Vice President, Product Management at Liaison Technologies, will discuss a new data-centric approach to IT that allows your data, not applications, to inform business strategy. By moving away from an application-centric IT model where data integration and analysis are subservient to the constraints of applications, your organization will b...
Mar. 6, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,707
As organizations shift toward IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection &E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships, will disc...
Mar. 6, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,197
Cloud data governance was previously an avoided function when cloud deployments were relatively small. With the rapid adoption in public cloud – both rogue and sanctioned, it’s not uncommon to find regulated data dumped into public cloud and unprotected. This is why enterprises and cloud providers alike need to embrace a cloud data governance function and map policies, processes and technology controls accordingly. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance...
Mar. 6, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,087
Analytics is the foundation of smart data and now, with the ability to run Hadoop directly on smart storage systems like Cloudian HyperStore, enterprises will gain huge business advantages in terms of scalability, efficiency and cost savings as they move closer to realizing the potential of the Internet of Things. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Turner, technology evangelist and CMO at Cloudian, Inc., will discuss the revolutionary notion that the storage world is transitioning from me...
Mar. 6, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,102
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Mar. 6, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,672
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will demonstrate the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He will discuss from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT ...
Mar. 6, 2015 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,537
Mar. 6, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,149
Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, had reached 30,000 page views on his home page - http://RobertoMedrano.SYS-CON.com/ - on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, Internet of Things Journal, Big Data Journal, and SOA World Magazine. He is a recognized executive in the information technology fields of SOA, internet security, governance, and compliance. He has extensive experience with both start-ups and large companies, having been ...
Mar. 6, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,601
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, will analyze a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discuss the benefits/challenges of migrating to each of...
Mar. 6, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,102
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is a technology designed to make DevOps easier and allow developers to focus on application development. The PaaS takes care of provisioning, scaling, HA, and other cloud management aspects. Apache Stratos is a PaaS codebase developed in Apache and designed to create a highly productive developer environment while also supporting powerful deployment options. Integration with the Docker platform, CoreOS Linux distribution, and Kubernetes container management system ...
Mar. 6, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,216
The results of a global study commissioned by CA Technologies reveal that mobile and desktop applications have become the new battleground for brand loyalty. In today’s software-driven world, where consumers are more discerning about what they expect from applications, the reality is that businesses that fail to deliver a positive application experience risk losing as much as a quarter of their customer base. “Consumers no longer view applications as nice-to-have novelties. They now have a hug...
Mar. 6, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 682
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focu...
Mar. 6, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,627