|By Marketwired .||
|July 9, 2014 04:35 PM EDT||
DES PLAINES, IL--(Marketwired - July 09, 2014) - The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) is pleased to announce 12 Annual Achievement Award recipients. The Annual Awards recognize emergency nurses who exemplify exceptional professional practice, innovation, leadership and advocacy in emergency nursing. Healthcare professionals nominate colleagues who are extraordinary practitioners and continually go above and beyond the call of duty in emergency nursing. Each award has specific requirements and criteria, and the ENA Awards Advisory Committee reviews each blinded submission.
"These nurse leaders have made a lasting impact on emergency nursing and serve as true role models to healthcare professionals everywhere," said ENA president Deena Brecher, MSN, RN, APN, ACNS-BC, CEN, CPEN. "We are thrilled to celebrate so many leaders making a difference, and are grateful for their contributions. We are confident they will continue to positively impact emergency nursing for years to come."
The 2014 Annual Achievement Award recipients are:
- Charlotte O'Neal, MSN, RN, CEN (Lawrenceburg, Ky.) - Barbara A. Foley Quality, Safety and Injury Prevention Award
- Richard Gary Fox (Beltsville, Md.) - Behind the Scenes Award
- Michael Allain, MS, RN, CEN, CCRN (Oswego, N.Y.) - Clinical Nurse Specialist Award
- Denise Ramponi, DNP, FNP-BC, ENP-BC, CEN, FAEN, FAANP (Pittsburgh) - Frank L. Cole Nurse Practitioner Award
- Mary A. Leblond, MSN, RN, CEN (San Antonio) - Gail P. Lenehan Advocacy Award
- Vicki A. Keough, PhD, APRN-BC, ACNP, FAAN (Arlington Heights, Ill.) - Judith C. Kelleher Award
- Kelly Owen, ADN, RN, CEN (Lyons, Ore.) - Media Award
- Jennifer Granata, MSN, FNP-C, CEN, CPEN, CNML, EMT-P (Scarborough, Maine) - Nurse Manager Award
- Kay-Ella Bleecher, MSN, RN, CEN, CRNP, PHRN (Etters, Penn.) - Nursing Education Award
- Heather Matthew, MSN, RN, CEN (Allentown, Penn.) - Nursing Practice and Professionalism Award
- State Council/Chapter Government Affairs Award: Texas ENA State Council
- Team Award: Inova Springfield Healthplex Emergency Department (Alexandria, Va.)
- Patient Flow Team
- Winifred Frempong-Boye, BSN, RN
- Valerie Hyde, BSN, RN, CEN
- Carolyn Miller, RN
- Shannon North-Giles, MBA, RN, CEN
- Susan Oney Dungan, BA, RN, CEN
- Patient Flow Team
Award recipients will be recognized at the 2014 ENA Annual Conference Awards Gala on Saturday, October 11 in Indianapolis.
About the Emergency Nurses Association
The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) is the premier professional nursing association dedicated to defining the future of emergency nursing through advocacy, education, research, innovation, and leadership. Founded in 1970, ENA has proven to be an indispensable resource to the global emergency nursing community. With more than 40,000 members worldwide, ENA advocates for patient safety, develops industry-leading practice standards and guidelines, and guides emergency healthcare public policy. ENA members have expertise in triage, patient care, disaster preparedness, and nearly all aspects of emergency care. Additional information is available at www.ena.org.
The following files are available for download:
Communications & PR Manager, ENA