|By Marketwired .||
|July 10, 2014 02:00 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/10/14 -- Euclid, the leader of in-store retail analytics, today releases its monthly retail benchmarks report to analyze shopper activity and behavior during the month of June. This month's report measured data from tens of millions of domestic shopping sessions to reveal that shoppers made fewer trips because of events like the World Cup, Father's Day, and extended vacations. However, high levels of consumer confidence boosted shoppers' spending habits.
Euclid asserts that its metrics illustrate a positive outlook for industry revenues, and estimates sales growth in the following retail verticals of:
- 2% growth year-over-year in general merchandise, apparel, furniture and other (GAFO) retail sales
- 4% growth year-over-year in clothing and apparel sales
- 1% growth year-over-year in general merchandise sales
Here are some of Euclid's top findings in this month's report around shopper behavior metrics:
- Shopper traffic declined nine percent compared to the same month last year, as vacations, holidays, and record-breaking World Cup viewership cannibalized time spent on shopping related activities
- Storefront conversion was up slightly as this June remained more promotional that last year, driven by competition and relatively high inventories
- Average duration increased eight percent from last year. June realized pent up demand from May as disposable income continued to grow and consumer confidence rose. Summer sales and nicer weather also contributed to the improvement
- Repeat visits decreased slightly year-over-year due to the same factors that affected traffic, but this trend was outweighed by the benefit of higher engagement
The best day of June was Monday the 2nd, with outperformance across all metrics except for active repeat ratio as the month started with a flurry of activity. Not surprisingly, Sunday the 15th -- Father's Day -- was the worst shopping day of the month. The lowest level of traffic and low storefront conversion were experienced as vacations and family activities cannibalized mall visits.
To view the complete findings, download the full report on shopper activity for the month of June here: http://info.euclidanalytics.com/WC14-06USRB_Reg_RLP.html
Euclid provides answers and insights to brick and mortar retailers in the same way that web analytics services do for e-commerce. Euclid helps retailers quantify offline impact of marketing, optimize store performance, and understand customer behavior. As of June 2014 Euclid's network has grown to capture billions of measurements per day, analyzing hundreds of millions of potential shopping sessions per year across thousands of locations. Only anonymous, non-personal data is ever collected and only aggregated trend data is used for analysis.
Jan. 24, 2015 11:00 PM EST Reads: 2,617
Jan. 24, 2015 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,230
Jan. 24, 2015 11:00 PM EST Reads: 2,293
Jan. 24, 2015 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,409
Jan. 24, 2015 09:00 PM EST Reads: 1,669
Jan. 24, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,322
Jan. 24, 2015 06:45 PM EST Reads: 2,280
Jan. 24, 2015 06:15 PM EST Reads: 3,680
Jan. 24, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,282
Jan. 24, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,843
Jan. 24, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,049
Jan. 24, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,581
Jan. 24, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,451
Jan. 24, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 2,898
Cloud Technology Partners on Wednesday announced it has been recognized by the Modern Infrastructure Impact Awards as one of the Best Amazon Web Services (AWS) Consulting Partners. Selected by the editors of TechTarget's SearchDataCenter.com, and by votes from customers and strategic channel partners, the companies acknowledged by the Modern Infrastructure Impact Awards represent the top providers of cloud consulting services for AWS including application migration, application development, inf...
Jan. 24, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,089