|By Business Wire||
|July 11, 2014 09:51 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fwxddz/mobile_in_u_s) has announced the addition of PhoCusWright's new report "Mobile in U.S. and European Markets - Beyond a Uniform Strategy" to their offering.
Mobile platforms are opening new avenues to travel consumers and enabling companies to engage travelers in real time, wherever they may be. However, a misguided mobile strategy can cost companies dearly in terms of share, particularly during the early, high-growth stage of consumer adoption.
This article examines consumer preferences, demographics, macroeconomic data, and other variables across four of the world's most lucrative online travel markets - France, Germany, the U.K. and the U.S. - and highlights the similarities in, differences between, and drivers of their mobile trends.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Key Findings
3. Prioritizing devices for mobile rollouts
4. Smartphones retain advantages over tablets
5. Who's downloading what?
- Figure 1: Top 10 Travel Apps in the Apple App Store
6. Mobile adoption surprisingly low in Germany
- Figure 2: Mobile Device Use for Travel Shopping, GDP per Capita, and Tablet Share of Internet Traffic, 2013
7. In a multi-device world, age matters
- Figure 3: Total Population (Millions) and Age Distribution (%) by Country, 2012
8. Shopping window remains wider in the U.S.
9. Converting offline travelers into smartphone buyers
- Figure 4: Average Number of Days Spent Researching Travel Components Before Booking, by Market
- Figure 5: Total and Online Travel Markets (US$B) and Mobile Share (%) by Country, 2015
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fwxddz/mobile_in_u_s