|By Marketwired .||
|July 14, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
HORSHAM, PA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/14/14 -- Human Resource Executive® magazine, the premier publication focused on strategic issues in HR, today announced details of the unprecedented interest and attention for the 17th Annual HR Technology® Conference & Exposition. Taking place October 7-10, 2014 at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, the HR Technology® Conference is an annual town hall meeting designed to address how business processes and organizational success can be enabled and enhanced by technology.
The event is also home to the world's largest exposition of HR technology products and services, where more than 300 exhibiting companies will share their expertise, demonstrate their solutions and show how they can help attendees overcome their most complex HR challenges. With high interest among the vendor community in participating in this unique event, space in the conference's Exhibition hall has sold out sooner than expected. A waiting list has been established for those companies that still wish to participate in this one-of-a-kind exposition.
Complementing the exposition, the HR Technology® Conference will include a new feature this year: the Start-Up Pavilion. The pavilion will enable the newest and most cutting-edge companies to exhibit their solutions, make an impact on the audience and highlight the innovative products they are bringing to the market. There are still a few open spots remaining for additional start-ups that want to be included.
In addition to the high demand to participate in the Exhibition, the show has received a great deal of attention due to its extensive agenda of engaging and informative sessions led by the most prominent industry experts and senior executives. Highlights from the conference agenda include:
- Opening Keynote from Andrew McAfee: In this keynote address, "Making the Right Choices in the Second Machine Age," McAfee, principal research scientist for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and acclaimed author, will explain how we are living in the greatest era of transformation since the Industrial Revolution and examine the implications of this new age on both work and the workplace.
- Top HR Products of 2014: For more than 25 years, Human Resource Executive® has recognized excellence and innovation in the HR vendor community with its Top HR Products awards. During the awards luncheon, attendees will learn more about this year's selections and see how their innovations made them stand out.
- Awesome New Technologies for HR: New for 2014, this popular session will be divided into two categories -- one focused on more established solution providers that continue to innovate and expand, and one for start-up organizations that are pushing the envelope and forcing the big players in the industry to stay on their toes.
- Closing Keynote by R "Ray" Wang: During his keynote, titled "Transforming the Future of Work in a Digital World," Wang, founder and principal analyst for Constellation Research, will explore how the latest trends in HR technology will impact workers across the digital-proficiency spectrum and ultimately alter the future of work.
- Participation of Prominent Brands: HR leaders from some of the most high-profile companies today will be leading sessions, with presenters from HP, Hootsuite and Marriott examining social technology for HR; ConAgra, RedHat and SendGrid exploring the emphasis on data-driven HR approaches; and Comcast, Lockheed Martin and Under Armour tackling how to take talent acquisition to the next level.
HR Technology® Conference Co-Chair Steve Boese commented, "The challenges facing today's HR professionals are many, and the HR Technology® Conference & Exposition is designed to help attendees find the solutions that can solve their biggest challenges. Given the anticipated record numbers of attendees and vendors alike, and unprecedented demand from the vendor community, it is clear that 2014 will be the best and biggest year in the history of the event."
More details about the HR Technology® Conference & Exposition can be found at www.HRTechConference.com or by calling 1-800-727-1227. Register by August 4 to save $450.00.
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an In...
Oct. 25, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,693
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud...
Oct. 25, 2014 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,809
In her General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing, at Verizon Enterprise, will focus on finding the right mix of renting vs. buying Oracle capacity to scale to meet business demands, and offer validated Oracle database TCO models for Oracle development and testing environments. Anne Plese is a marketing and technology enthusiast/realist with over 19...
Oct. 25, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,660
StackIQ offers a comprehensive software suite that automates the deployment, provisioning, and management of Big Infrastructure. With StackIQ’s software, you can spin up fully configured big data clusters, quickly and consistently — from bare-metal up to the applications layer — and manage them efficiently. Our software’s modular architecture allows customers to integrate nearly any application wi...
Oct. 25, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,748
As Platform as a Service (PaaS) matures as a category, developers should have the ability to use the programming language of their choice to build applications and have access to a wide array of services. Bluemix is IBM's open cloud development platform that enables users to easily build cloud-based, creative mobile and web applications without having to spend large amounts of time and resources o...
Oct. 25, 2014 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,725
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, will discuss how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will nee...
Oct. 24, 2014 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,372
When you set off to build an app that will change the world, designing your system architecture to be reliable and scalable is important but the stark reality is that, for your MVP, you probably had a “need for speed” (of development). You didn’t know what all the axes were to scale your application, where your stress points would be, and what weird and wonderful ways your customers would use it d...
Oct. 24, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,178
Compute virtualization has been transformational, yet security policy implementation and enforcement has lagged behind in agility and automation. There are a number of key considerations when implementing policy in private and hybrid clouds. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Holland Barry, VP of Technology at Catbird, will discuss the impact of this new paradigm and what organizations can do to...
Oct. 24, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,509
Samsung VP Jacopo Lenzi, who headed the company's recent SmartThings acquisition under the auspices of Samsung's Open Innovaction Center (OIC), answered a few questions we had about the deal. This interview was in conjunction with our interview with SmartThings CEO Alex Hawkinson. IoT Journal: SmartThings was developed in an open, standards-agnostic platform, and will now be part of Samsung's Ope...
Oct. 23, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,672
SYS-CON Events announced today that Red Hat, the world's leading provider of open source solutions, will exhibit at Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, ...
Oct. 23, 2014 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,708