|By Business Wire||
|July 14, 2014 10:00 PM EDT||
SMART INSIGHT CORPORATION (Head Office: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; President & CEO: Kiyoshi Machida; hereinafter, "SMART INSIGHT") has developed cloud version of SMART/InSight called SMART/InSight® Cloud (hereinafter, “SMART/InSight Cloud, tentative name) usingAmazon CloudSearch.
SMART/InSight has been offering visualization software that integrates scattered data across a range of sources into easy-to-understand visual representations, and this software has been adopted mainly in the manufacturing industry. Today, SMART/InSight launches low cost cloud-based application called “SMART/InSight Cloud” as which is compatible with data on cloud, for wider range of industries. Using Amazon CloudSearch as a search engine, SMART/InSight Cloud, makes flexible cross-sectional search and data visualization a reality. By adapting cloud-based billing such as usage based charge, it gives users the flexibility to set up their own systems that can scale with data volume at a low cost. The company provides the following three services in the forms of templates, and plans to add more features in the future. The three templates can be used as independent cloud services, and services will be rolled out in order starting from this September.
Details of the SMART/InSight Cloud services being announced are as shown below:
1. Real-Time M2M Analytics (tentative name)
Real-time data collected through data gathering devices and sensors to Amazon Kinesis are instantly visualized by SMART/InSight Cloud via Amazon CloudSearch.
- Enables collection and analysis of real-time streaming data.
- Users can easily create analysis schema by using DB Explorer templates.
- User can effectively utilize log and machine data much effectively than ever.
- Not only can it analyze streaming data, but also it is capable of performing comprehensive data analysis by merging streaming data with related data, master data, and other fundamental information.
2. DB Explorer (tentative name)
This template spans across and integrates data and databases on the cloud such as Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) and Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), and presents visualization of cross sectional information.
- Virtually integrates a wide range of data and make cross-sectional analysis a reality.
- Capable of providing customized search and analysis results that are optimized for the user's industry.
- Enhances scalability and reliability through compatibility with Amazon CloudSearch.
- Ensures security at data source level.
- Databases on cloud can be virtually integrated with minimum effort so that user can start service smoothly and swiftly.
- Provides tools that make it possible to easily design customized screens and graphs by using preset widgets.
- Realizes from data integration to visualization.
3. Document/Page Search & Collaboration (tentative name)
Capable of high-speed data search inside Amazon S3. 'Document Search & Collaboration' feature displays search results on a document-by-document basis, and 'Page Search & Collaboration' feature displays search results on a page by page basis. User can add comment(s) and/or discussion for each document or page. New template makes it possible for users to run page-by-page search, which has some constraints such as processing times under the environment of On-premises system.
- The information that users should watch is shown quickly in the thumbnail previews.
- Can quickly search by using keywords, and narrow down the search results from various perspectives.
- Contents of the pages searched can be displayed instantaneously with thumbnails and also be confirmed via previews.
- Comment(s) can be input from page contents and it is also possible to add discussion.
- Virtually integrates decentralized on-premises file servers on cloud, which eliminates time consuming operation and reduses TCO.
- No need to download files from Amazon S3 - searching and checking contents can be realized without opening the files.
- Findings can be shared among user group by adding comment(s) or discussion to the documents or pages.
These three templates will be displayed and demonstrated at ‘AWS Summit Tokyo 2014’ held at Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa on July 17th and 18th, 2014. Notably, in a 'Real-Time M2M Analytics' demo, beacons set up in the exhibition hall will gather and send visitor’s location information from visitors’ smartphones to Amazon Kinesis in real time. SMART/InSight Cloud will simultaneously create and display distribution map of people in the exhibition hall.
About SMART INSIGHT CORPORATION
Since 2004, SMART/InSight has been developed and sold as an enterprise application that provides 360° supplementary information, experience, and knowledge that goes beyond the boundaries of systems or sectors. It has been adopted by scores of leading companies as the go-to software for enhancing product competitiveness as well as, customer and informational capabilities. The company began operating as SMART INSIGHT CORPORATION after being spun off from Uchida Spectrum, Inc. on October 4, 2013. SMART INSIGHT CORPORATION is actively engaged in product development and foreign operations in cloud and big data markets. The company provides the ideal application software to effectively utilize the ever-expanding and diversified information available.
SMART/InSight is a registered trademark of SMART INSIGHT CORPORATION. Product360, Customer360, Knowledge360 are trademarks of SMART INSIGHT CORPORATION. Other product names and service names are trademarks of their respective owners.
Amazon Web Services, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon CloudSearch and the Amazon Web Services logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Apr. 18, 2015 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,110
Apr. 18, 2015 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,765
Apr. 18, 2015 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,695
Apr. 18, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 847
Apr. 18, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 7,336
Apr. 18, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,805
Apr. 17, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,169
Apr. 17, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 937
Apr. 17, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,224
Apr. 17, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,562
Apr. 17, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,606
Apr. 17, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,446
Apr. 17, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,532
Apr. 17, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,269
Apr. 17, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,326