|By Business Wire||
|July 16, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
Instem, a leading provider of IT solutions to the global early development healthcare market, is pleased to announce that the National Shanghai Center for Drug Safety Evaluation and Research (NCDSER), also known as Shanghai InnoStar Bio-Tech Co. Ltd., has purchased the Provantis® preclinical software suite to automate laboratory processes at their R&D facility in the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, Pudong, Shanghai, China.
Founded in 1993, NCDSER is one of China’s leading CROs and enjoys a prestigious reputation within the region. NCDSER is SFDA, FDA and OECD GLP certified and has submitted numerous high quality safety evaluation studies and IND packages to both the Chinese and US FDA. NCDSER has recently undergone an impressive expansion program, adding increased laboratory space and additional animal rooms at their Shanghai facility.
- NCDSER to implement Provantis 9, the latest version of Instem’s preclinical software solution suite
- Comprehensive suite of Provantis modules to be deployed including General Toxicology, Reproductive Toxicology, Pathology and Clinical Pathology
- Provantis to replace a combination of in-house developed applications and legacy systems to streamline processes
- Contract awarded following a detailed competitive evaluation; Provantis recognized as the overwhelming standard within China and the leading solution around the world
- NCDSER to use the SaaS delivery model from Instem’s Shanghai-based data center, adding another large and prestigious laboratory to Instem’s established hosting data center client roster
- 5-year agreement with on-line deployment starting in 2014
- A range of professional services purchased to facilitate quicker implementation and faster return on investment
Professor Jing Ma, Executive Director at NCDSER said “We are extremely pleased to be deploying Provantis at our Shanghai facility. We recognize that Instem and Provantis have fast become the gold standard within China and we look forward to joining the expanding Provantis user community within China and across the globe.”
Neil Donaldson, VP Sales Europe & Asia, Instem commented “We are delighted to welcome NCDSER as our latest client. NCDSER is recognized as a center of excellence within the region and we are honored that they have chosen Instem to support them in their growth plans. We look forward to a long and successful partnership.”
Founded in 1993, National Shanghai Center for Drug Safety Evaluation and Research (NCDSER), also known as Shanghai InnoStar Bio-Tech Co. Ltd., is a leading preclinical CRO in China. As the first CFDA-certified GLP laboratory and the most comprehensive and experienced Chinese toxicology CRO, NCDSER has submitted numerous high quality safety evaluation studies and IND packages to both CFDA and US FDA. Since being certified by CFDA in 2003, NCDSER has evaluated a total of 506 compounds including 417 small molecules, 72 biologics and 17 TCMs. NCDSER is experienced in designing studies following the guidelines of different international regulatory authorities including FDA, OECD and CFDA. NCDSER serves 300+ clients across North America, Europe and Asia.
To learn more about NCDSER please visit http://www.innostarsh.com/enabout.asp
Instem is a leading supplier of IT applications to the early development healthcare market, delivering compelling solutions for data collection, management and analysis across the R&D continuum. Instem applications are in use by customers worldwide, meeting the rapidly expanding needs of life science and healthcare organizations for data-driven decision making leading to safer, more effective products.
Instem’s portfolio of software solutions increases client productivity by automating study-related processes while offering the unique ability to generate new knowledge through the extraction and harmonization of actionable scientific information.
Instem supports over 400 clients through full service offices in the United States, United Kingdom and China with additional locations in India and a full service distributor based in Japan.
To learn more about Instem solutions and its mission, please visit www.instem.com
Meeting clients at the intersection of investment & return™.