|By Marketwired .||
|July 16, 2014 10:35 AM EDT||
SANTA BARBARA, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/16/14 -- RightScale® Inc., a demonstrated leader in enterprise cloud portfolio management, today announced RightScale Self-Service, a self-service portal that helps developers and other cloud users get instant access to cloud infrastructure. Enterprise IT teams can curate a catalog of applications and services to deploy across a portfolio of clouds while providing governance and cost controls.
RightScale Self-Service allows users to automatically provision instances, stacks, or complex multi-tier applications from a catalog defined by IT. Common use cases include development, testing, staging, production, demos, training, batch processing, and digital marketing. The self-service portal also enables users to manage cloud applications, track costs, and set automated shutdown schedules through an easy-to-use interface.
RightScale Self-Service is integrated with RightScale Cloud Management, which enables operations teams to administer applications, and Cloud Analytics, which allows business and finance teams to visualize and optimize cloud usage and costs.
"RightScale Self Service allows Nextdoor's operations team to provide our engineers simple one-click access to pre-defined resources. It also integrates seamlessly with RightScale Cloud Management and our Puppet automation framework," said Matt Wise, senior systems architect, Nextdoor, a large, free, private social network for neighborhoods. "One of our core principles in the Ops team at Nextdoor is that we try to limit the number of technologies we leverage, but become experts in the ones we do use. We've chosen to leverage RightScale as our main cloud management interface."
"Developers love the frictionless availability of cloud, but enterprises crave visibility into their infrastructure which is challenged by the widespread cloud adoption," said Stephen O'Grady, Principal Analyst at RedMonk. "RightScale Self Service is intended to serve as a way to provide both parties what they need from the cloud."
"By combining Self Service IT with RightScale Cloud Appliance for vSphere, RightScale is bringing organization and structure to something that has been unstructured for far too long," said Dan Twing, president and COO of leading analyst firm Enterprise Management Associates. "Treating VMware vSphere like a cloud and providing a governance framework for enterprise cloud usage is a simple, powerful concept that will have deep impact on how enterprises innovate using the full power of cloud computing."
Key capabilities of RightScale Self-Service include:
- Self-Service Portal: Easy, on-demand access to public, private or virtualized cloud infrastructure to accelerate innovation, streamline development and reduce "shadow IT."
- Multi-Cloud Service Catalog: A curated catalog of stacks and applications that can be deployed across a portfolio of clouds. Leverages corporate standard technologies and controls the versions, patches, configurations and security settings. Supports all major public and private clouds including AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack, and VMware vSphere® environments.
- Automation and Orchestration: Workflow capabilities help to automate application behavior during launch and throughout its lifecycle. Examples include provisioning of complex multi-tier applications; automation of snapshot and rollback; and integration to ITSM systems for approvals.
- Built-In Cost Controls: Manage costs by setting quotas for users and teams. Providing cost visibility to developers, cloud users, Central IT and finance teams. Eliminate waste through scheduled shutdowns during non-working hours or at project end.
- Policy Controls: Centralized, policy-driven service catalog for cloud consumption across an entire organization. Define access controls for cloud usage. Set policies for available clouds, instance types and options.
- Delivered as SaaS: RightScale Self-Service is delivered as SaaS so that you can get going quickly.
- Integration Ready: RightScale Self-Service provides an API to integrate with existing systems as well as continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps tools and processes.
Additional resources on RightScale Self-Service:
- Download the white paper, "IT as a Cloud Services Broker: Provide Self-Service Access to Cloud."
- Download the Self-Service solution brief.
- Read our blog, "Become a Cloud Services Broker with RightScale Self-Service."
RightScale® Inc. Cloud Portfolio Management enables leading enterprises to accelerate delivery of cloud-based applications that engage customers and drive top-line revenue while optimizing cloud usage to reduce risk and costs. With RightScale, IT organizations can deliver instant access to a portfolio of public, private, and hybrid cloud services across business units and development teams while maintaining enterprise control. RightScale offers RightScale Cloud Analytics to help bring clarity to organizations on current cloud costs and help model and optimize for future cloud use. RightScale CloudSight consulting helps companies develop cloud strategies, deliver cloud projects, and optimize cloud usage. Since 2007, leading enterprises including Pearson International, Intercontinental Hotels Group, and PBS have launched millions of servers through RightScale.
RightScale is a registered trademark of RightScale, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Oct. 21, 2014 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 999
Oct. 20, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,519
Oct. 20, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 741
Oct. 20, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 974
Oct. 20, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,822
Oct. 20, 2014 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,617
Oct. 20, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,619
Oct. 20, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,774
Oct. 20, 2014 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,552
Oct. 20, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,629
Oct. 20, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,727
Oct. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,537
Oct. 20, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,418
Oct. 20, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,560
Oct. 20, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,806
Oct. 20, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,496
Oct. 19, 2014 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,914
Oct. 19, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,459
Oct. 19, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,701
Oct. 19, 2014 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,892