|By Business Wire||
|July 18, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nbhsd6/bosch_sensortec) has announced the addition of the "Bosch Sensortec BMA355 - 3-Axis MEMS Accelerometer - Reverse Costing Analysis" report to their offering.
After being integrated in the latest Apple's iPhone in 2013, Bosch is now the top MEMS supplier according to Yole's Top 30 MEMS Ranking 2014. This strong growth is mainly due to the consumer and mobile business of Bosch Sensortec.
With a size of only 1.4mm3 (1.2x1.5x0.8mm), the BMA355 is the smallest MEMS accelerometer on the market and features 60% volume reduction compared to state of the art 2x2x0.9mm MEMS accelerometers. This size reduction has been made possible by the use of a WLCSP package where all the manufacturing steps are realized at the wafer-level. To interconnect MEMS and ASIC with a WLCSP package, Through-Silicon Vias (TSVs) are used, introducing the first MEMS component with TSV Via-Middle process.
The BMA355 is a 12-bit digital resolution accelerometer well suited for applications requiring extremely small form factors.
The report includes a detailed technical and cost comparison with state of the art MEMS accelerometers from STMicroelectronics and mCube.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Introduction, Bosch Sensortec Company Profile
3. Physical Analysis
- ASIC Die
- MEMS Die
- Consumer 3-Axis Accelerometer Comparison
4. Manufacturing Process Flow
- Global Overview
- ASIC Front-End Process & Wafer Fab Unit
- MEMS Process Flow & Wafer Fab Unit
- WLP Process Flow & Assembly Unit
5. Cost Analysis
- Main steps of economic analysis
- Yields Hypotheses
- ASIC FEOL & BEOL Cost
- ASIC TSV Cost
- ASIC TSV Cost per Process Steps
- MEMS Front-End Cost
- MEMS Back-End 0 : Probe Test & Dicing
- MEMS Front-End Cost per process steps
- MEMS Wafer & Die Cost
- Wafer-Level Packaging Cost
- Wafer-Level Packaging Cost per Process Steps
- Back-End : Final Test & Calibration Cost
- BMA355 Component Cost
6. Estimated Price Analysis
7. Consumer 3-Axis Accelero Cost Comparison
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nbhsd6/bosch_sensortec