|By Marketwired .||
|July 22, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
IRVINE, CA--(Marketwired - July 22, 2014) - Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba - www.telecom.toshiba.com) today announced that its VIPedge® cloud-based business telephone solution has won a 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award from TMC, a global, integrated media company.
Presented by TMC's Cloud Computing magazine, the Cloud Computing Excellence Award recognizes companies that have most effectively leveraged cloud computing in their efforts to bring new, differentiated offerings to market. The winners of the 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award will be published in Cloud Computing magazine.
"TMC is proud to announce Toshiba's VIPedge as a recipient of the Fourth Annual Cloud Computing Excellence Award," said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. "Toshiba is honored for its achievement in bringing innovation and excellence to the market while leveraging the latest technology trends."
"We are honored to receive the 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award for our VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution," said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. "VIPedge gives users the features, functionality, quality, service and reliability for which Toshiba's telephone systems are known, all in the cloud."
Toshiba's VIPedge gives users the advantages of Toshiba's IPedge® business telephone system in the cloud without needing to purchase an entire telephone system. VIPedge allows companies to pay a monthly service fee -- scalable to meet system size and usage needs -- as an alternative to the capital purchase of an on-premises telephone system. Competitively priced, VIPedge accommodates up to 500 users in single or multi-site deployments.
VIPedge Delivers an Easy Migration to Toshiba's IPedge
Businesses that start with the VIPedge service can easily migrate to IPedge systems in the future as their needs change. This enables businesses to retain their investments in Toshiba telephones and endpoints and to continue to use the same familiar features and applications.
Easy Expansion to a Hybrid Cloud Solution
VIPedge locations can network with Toshiba's on-premises solutions, IPedge and Strata® CIX™, for a hybrid cloud and on-premises networked solution.
VIPedge features include:
- Complete business telephone features, including placing a call on hold and picking it up from another phone as well as pressing a button on a phone to put the system into night mode. Many competitive cloud telephone solutions do not have the enterprise-quality telephony features that Toshiba offers.
- Voice mail with unified messaging
- Call Manager Desktop for Windows® has enhanced XMPP server integration and instant messaging so that it can communicate directly with Toshiba's Call Manager Mobile. Users will receive messages on both the Desktop and Mobile versions simultaneously, no matter where they are.
- Call Manager features include:
- Efficient call control from a personal computer;
- Click-to-dial, presence and instant messaging;
- Integration with leading CRM programs, including Salesforce.com®, Act!®, Microsoft Outlook®;
- Single and group Instant Messaging for quick online communication;
- Enhanced Presence features that help users quickly find each other; and more.
- Mobility solutions including:
- Call Manager Mobile, which integrates Toshiba's IPMobility solution, providing single-number reach for both incoming and outgoing calls. This feature utilizes Toshiba's VIPedge follow-me feature, which gives users the option for either sequential or simultaneous ringing to the desk phone and mobile phone. For outgoing calls, IPMobility dials through the VIPedge, displaying the office number caller ID. Call Manager Mobile is available for Android™ and Apple® iPhone® running iOS® R5 or R6. With Call Manager Mobile, users are empowered to take their office calls and instant messages on their mobile phones just as if they were at their desks.
- Find-Me Follow-Me call routing, which forwards incoming calls to the office extension to any telephone number designated by the user, including mobile phones. If no answer, the call is routed back to business voice mailbox.
- Twinning, which enables simultaneous ringing on more than one telephone, such as a desk phone and a mobile phone or home phone.
- Choice of endpoints, including Toshiba's IP5000-series desk telephones, IP4100 wireless telephones, and Toshiba's Call Manager with integrated voice. Plus, users have the ability to personalize endpoints to meet their individual needs.
- Optional international calling plans.
Financial benefits of VIPedge include:
- A low, upfront cost, making it easy to get started while giving companies the ability to reduce capital expenditures;
- Monthly service costs that are a fraction of the purchase price of an on-premises system;
- Fixed monthly fees so companies can budget for their exact telecommunication costs;
- No long-term lock-in to an on-premises system and/or vendor;
- Software upgrades that are included in the monthly service fee, so there are no expenses for upgrades or software fixes;
- No PBX equipment obsolescence since VIPedge systems are always kept up-to-date in the cloud;
- Dynamically scalable cloud resources to add more users or applications as needed;
- System administration, which is included in the monthly service fee and eliminates the need for on-site system management; and
- Survivability, which is automatically included via the cloud.
Toshiba's VIPedge Exceeds BookPal's Communications Objectives
VIPedge received the 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award in part due to its success story with BookPal LLC (www.Book-Pal.com), an Irvine, Calif-based enterprise book seller. BookPal serves the book needs of schools, businesses and government entities with a catalog of more than three million titles.
Installed by Authorized Toshiba Dealer smplsolutions (www.smplsolutions.com) of Lake Forest, Calif., the VIPedge system worked perfectly from day one. The installation was smooth and easy because the actual telephone system resides in the cloud and is managed and maintained by Toshiba.
BookPal relies on its Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution to help communicate with customers. VIPedge exceeds BookPal's communications objectives, which include enabling them to self-administrate the system, providing a reliable telephone solution, adding mobility, and reducing costs.
"With Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution, BookPal receives the benefits of a feature-rich on-premises telephone system with the low cost of a cloud solution from a trusted manufacturer with a reputation for exceptional system reliability and dealer service," said David Case, president of smplsolutions.
BookPal's new business telephone solution consists of:
- A VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supporting the company's Irvine headquarters;
- Toshiba's IP desk telephones;
- Toshiba's Call Manager unified communications;
- IPMobility for mobile integration with the VIPedge telephone solution;
- Find-Me Follow-Me mobile call routing to forward office calls to any other phone number;
- Unified Messaging, delivering a single inbox for email and voice messages; and
- Enterprise Manager for browser-based remote administration.
Bottom-line benefits include:
- Saving $3,000 per year by reducing maintenance costs;
- Processing more than 2,000 calls per month;
- Enabling BookPal's operations team to remotely make adds, changes and updates from virtually anywhere they have Internet coverage, reducing the need for costly on-site maintenance using Toshiba's browser-based Enterprise Manager;
- Improving communication with Call Manager Unified Communications and Unified Messaging applications;
- Providing a remote access solution for the Toshiba IP desk telephones, allowing employees to work from home;
- Enabling mobility with Toshiba's IPMobility application so users can make and receive office calls on their mobile phones;
- Ensuring important calls get through to the right person using Toshiba's Find-Me Follow-Me mobility feature that forwards office calls to any telephone number; and
- Delivering an affordable, feature-rich cloud telephony solution with exceptional reliability.
"Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone system has exceeded our expectations by providing a reliable, feature-rich communication solution that helped us save more than $3,000 annually," said Ketara Gadahn, director of Sales & Account Management for BookPal.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobile Payment Conference; Software Telco Congress, StartupCamp; Super Wi-Fi & Shared Spectrum Summit; SIP Trunking-Unified Communications Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo; WebRTC Conference & Expo III; and more. For more information about TMC, visit www.tmcnet.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD)
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the four business units of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future", Toshiba promotes global operations towards securing "Growth Through Creativity and Innovation", and is contributing to the achievement of a world in which people everywhere live in safe, secure and comfortable society. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 590 consolidated companies employing over 200,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.5 trillion yen (US$63 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit: www.telecom.toshiba.com
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
© 2014 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
It's time to face reality: "Americans are from Mars, Europeans are from Venus," and in today's increasingly connected world, understanding "inter-planetary" alignments and deviations is mission-critical for cloud. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance Strategy Leader at Cisco Systems, discussed cultural expectations of privacy based on new research across these elements
Jan. 25, 2015 09:15 AM EST Reads: 2,021
Mobile, the cloud and data have upended traditional ways of doing business. Agile, continuous delivery and DevOps have stepped in to hasten product development, but one crucial process still hasn't caught up. Continuous content delivery is the missing limb of the success ecosystem. Currently workers spend countless, non-value add hours working in independent silos, hunting for versions, manually pushing documents between platforms, all while trying to manage the continuous update and flow of mul...
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,134
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects - scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e....
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,455
"At Harbinger we do products as well as services. Our services are with helping companies move their products to the cloud operating systems. Some of the challenges we have seen as far as cloud adoption goes are in the cloud security space," noted Shrikant Pattathil, Executive Vice President at Harbinger Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,037
“The year of the cloud – we have no idea when it's really happening but we think it's happening now. For those technology providers like Zentera that are helping enterprises move to the cloud - it's been fun to watch," noted Mike Loftus, VP Product Management and Marketing at Zentera Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,734
After a couple of false starts, cloud-based desktop solutions are picking up steam, driven by trends such as BYOD and pervasive high-speed connectivity. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, cut through the hype and the acronyms, and discussed the emergence of full-featured cloud workspaces that do for the desktop what cloud infrastructure did for the server. He also discussed VDI vs DaaS, implementation strategies and evaluation criteria.
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,254
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, addressed the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. Rodney Rogers, chairman and CEO of Virtustream; Brendan O'Brien, co-founder of Aria Systems, Bart Copeland, president and CEO of ActiveState Software; Jim Cowie, chief scientist at Dyn; Dave Wagstaff, VP ...
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,347
Bring the world's best IaaS to the world's best PaaS. In their session at 15th Cloud Expo, Animesh Singh, a Senior Cloud Architect and Strategist for IBM Cloud Labs, and Jason Anderson, a Cloud Architect for IBM Cloud Labs, shared their experiences running Cloud Foundry on OpenStack. They focused on how Cloud Foundry and OpenStack complement each other, how they technically integrate using cloud provider interface (CPI), how we could automate an OpenStack setup for Cloud Foundry deployments, an...
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,196
"Application monitoring and intelligence can smooth the path in a DevOps environment. In a DevOps environment you see constant change. If you are trying to monitor things in a constantly changing environment, you're going to spend a lot of your job fixing your monitoring," explained Todd Rader, Solutions Architect at AppDynamics, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,427
"Desktop as a Service is emerging as a very big trend. One of the big influencers of this – for Esri – is that we have a large user base that uses virtualization and they are looking at Desktop as a Service right now," explained John Meza, Product Engineer at Esri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,020
The consumption economy is here and so are cloud applications and solutions that offer more than subscription and flat fee models and at the same time are available on a pure consumption model, which not only reduces IT spend but also lowers infrastructure costs, and offers ease of use and availability. In their session at 15th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed this shifting dynamic with an ...
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,921
More and more file-based and machine generated data is being created every day causing exponential data and content growth, and creating a management nightmare for IT managers. What data centers really need to cope with this growth is a purpose-built tiered archive appliance that enables users to establish a single storage target for all of their applications - an appliance that will intelligently place and move data to and between storage tiers based on user-defined policies. In her session a...
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,263
Recurring revenue models are great for driving new business in every market sector, but they are complex and need to be effectively managed to maximize profits. How you handle the range of options for pricing, co-terming and proration will ultimately determine the fate of your bottom line. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder at Aria Systems, session examined: How time impacts recurring revenue How to effectively handle customer plan changes The range of pricing a...
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,355
IBM has announced a new strategic technology services agreement with Anthem, Inc., a health benefits company in the U.S. IBM has been selected to provide operational services for Anthem's mainframe and data center server and storage infrastructure for the next five years. Among the benefits of the relationship, Anthem has the ability to leverage IBM Cloud solutions that will help increase the ease, availability and speed of adding infrastructure to support new business requirements.
Jan. 25, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,073
CodeFutures has announced Dan Lynn as its new CEO. Lynn assumes the role from Founder Cory Isaacson, who has joined RMS and will now serve as chairman of CodeFutures. Lynn brings more than 14 years of advanced technology and business success experience, and will help CodeFutures build on its industry leadership around its Agile Big Data initiatives. His technical expertise will be invaluable in advancing CodeFutures’ AgilData platform and new processes for streamlining and gaining value from gro...
Jan. 25, 2015 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,328