|By Marketwired .||
|July 22, 2014 02:12 PM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/22/14 -- Apprion, the leader of intelligent industrial applications, today announced version R6 of the Apprion ION System. The sixth generation of this leading industrial application platform provides cost-effective security and reliability to facilities requiring multi-site integration and extended redundancy. The Apprion ION R6 System equips industrial facilities with a distributed, intelligent industrial platform that efficiently handles large and diverse data from multiple devices, vendors and applications.
The new ION R6 System extends the original ION System platform with multi-site distribution for greater scalability, increased redundancy to handle failover and improved reliability and a new workflow engine to provide more efficient data transfer between mobile devices. This new version includes 4G mobile network support, an improved processing engine, and enhanced GUI for a comprehensive user dashboard with an integrated view of many different devices, systems, applications and large data monitoring.
Industrial facilities today face very complex challenges. They are asked to maximize plant production while ensuring efficiency, cost control and making sure all personnel are safe and data is secure at all times. Huge volumes of data from many different sources and vendors must be effectively collected and handled to ensure safety, efficiency, maintenance and reliable operations. The ION R6 System's intelligent analytics for Big Data provides facilities with advanced dating mining tools to analyze data relationships and correlations for the highest level of operational excellence.
"Process manufacturers need a single unified field network infrastructure providing highly reliable service for all types of devices and applications, and one that can be managed across multiple units and plants. These end user needs are the driving force behind the Apprion ION R6 System," said Harry Forbes, Senior Analyst with ARC Advisory Group.
Key ION System R6 Features Include:
- Multi-Site Distribution - Distributed platform and server architecture for multi-site distribution allows for scaling system components both horizontally, such as adding more instances of a given server function, and/or vertically, like parsing the system by function, to provide additional capabilities such as more CPU horsepower, network bandwidth or storage capacity.
- Enhanced GUI - Comprehensive User Dashboard provides an intelligent integrated view of all applications and data essential for multiple safety, security, operational and management roles. Users can customize views, as well as monitor and correlate lots of data, devices and systems from multiple vendors in a single coherent view.
- 4G Mobile Support - ION R6 includes an additional backhaul function using Cellular 3G/4G/LTE, adding more range and spectrum for data transfer in industrial facilities.
- Improved Faster Processing Engine - New robust processing engine handles Big Data, video and multiple operation processes for quick response and faster loading.
- New Workflow Engine - ION Workflow centrally manages field data collection, SOC's, SOP database, real-time procedure management, and provides options for corrective actions. ION Workflow increases efficiency and information accuracy, increasing the opportunities for process improvement throughout the facility.
- Enhanced ION Location Application Support - Additional features for ION Location, Personnel Tracking and Mustering increases the accuracy and ability to locate plant personnel quicker during emergencies.
- Extended Redundancy Support - Back up and fail-safe devices increase the reliability of systems with extra failover protection and extended, triple redundancy of critical data.
Apprion's ION R6 System includes an expandable platform that streams real-time intelligence from multiple applications and devices, including ION 4G Mobile Network devices, into a common dashboard view for plant operators. The ION System allows centralized management of multi-vendor devices to ensure that industrial applications throughout facilities perform reliably and cost-effectively. The ION System includes multiple industrial applications that span the full range of customer needs, including condition monitoring, security, safety, video, location, communications, and mobility -- all integrated in one system and one intelligent dashboard.
Apprion delivers intelligent, industrial applications and services for the process manufacturing industry. Apprion extends and manages the Industrial Internet of Things with the only open, industrial application platform -- the ION System. The ION System includes multiple industrial applications that address all of your critical safety, security, compliance and performance needs for Communications, Condition Monitoring, Asset & Personnel Location, Video and Workforce Mobility. For more information, visit www.apprion.com.
Copyright 2014 Apprion Inc. All rights reserved.
Apprion and all other Apprion Inc. product or service names are trademarks of Apprion Inc. in the USA and other countries. Other brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies.
Apprion Media Contact: