|By Marketwired .||
|July 23, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - July 23, 2014) -
Core News Facts:
- Today, Lovely (www.livelovely.com) the first true rental marketplace, released the Lovely Rental Market Report, featuring Q2 2014 data to shed light on the current state of the rental market in five key areas across the United States: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C. and San Francisco/Bay Area.
- Typically, where to live is the largest financial and emotional decision a person will make in any given year. Renters deserve a solution that they can trust, one that is transparent and gives them control over the entire process. In addition to offering a quick and easy full-service rental experience, Lovely is revealing these findings to help educate the market and ease the pain of the renting process.
- For this report, Lovely analyzed their marketplace data, featuring the most comprehensive set of listings from over 70 data partners, to measure each market by:
- Median rent overall
- Median rent by bed count
- Inventory citywide
- Inventory by bed count
- Biggest rent increase by neighborhood
- Neighborhoods above and below the citywide median
- For renters looking to move to or within some of the top metros in the country, Lovely has pulled information that will prove to be helpful in the rental search:
- New York City: One and two bedroom units have experienced 12 percent and 26 percent year-over-year growth, respectively, contributing to the 22 percent increase in median rent price compared to this time last year.
- Los Angeles: Neighborhoods like Century City and Brentwood not only represent massive year-over-year price growth, but also boast exorbitant median rent prices that are 139 percent and 122 percent above the citywide median rent price, respectively.
- Chicago: The most affordable city in this list, Chicago experienced a decrease in median rent compared to last year - except when it comes to studios. Since Q2 2013, the median rent price for a studio apartment increased 40 percent.
- Washington, D.C.: Despite a peak in the beginning of 2013, median rent price in Washington, D.C. has been on the decline, experiencing a nearly 7 percent year over year decrease. Studio, one bedroom and two bedroom units all fall directly in line with the year over year citywide trend, with more than 5 percent, 6 percent and 8 percent decreases, respectively.
- San Francisco/Bay Area: Rent prices have surged throughout the Bay Area. Specifically, Oakland and San Jose have increased 20 percent and 12 percent, respectively, but Oakland median rent still pales, coming in at $1,795 when compared to San Francisco's sky-high $3,285.
- Additional insights from the report include:
- The cities that saw the highest year-over-year increase in rent - broken down by neighborhood
- Trends in demand based on apartment size and location
- Neighborhoods within these major metros that have the best rental deals
- Founded by CEO Blake Pierson and President & CTO Doug Wormhoudt in March 2011, Lovely processes more than 1.5 million listings nationwide each month and is the go-to resource for quickly and easily landing your next home.
- Available as a free service on the web and both iOS and Android devices, Lovely was acquired by RentPath, Inc. in April 2014 and continues to operate out of San Francisco as a standalone brand.
Blake Pierson, Founder & CEO, Lovely
We're constantly in search of ways to be better partners to our renters and landlords by creating the best possible experiences. Research is the first step for anyone looking to rent a new home, so I'm most excited for this data to provide greater transparency into the rental trends that exist in some of the most popular markets to rent across the U.S. Easy-to-digest access to this market data is instrumental for everyone involved in the rental process; it provides renters more control over the decision-making process and helps landlords make informed decisions when pricing their units.
With access to the most robust, comprehensive set of inventory across the web, Lovely provides a deep look into the U.S. rental market. Trends represented in the Lovely Rental Market Report reflect Q2 2014 rental data based on the aggregated rental inventory on Lovely between January 2013 and June 2014. In addition to Lovely's posting platform, Lovely Pro, Lovely obtains listings by partnering with over 70 external providers to populate its marketplace with rental listings.
Lovely is the first true rental marketplace designed to help renters land their new homes without hassle or stress and help property owners find the most qualified tenants through control and transparency. Lovely is focused on making the renting process better by allowing renters to search, apply, and pay directly from their mobile device or on desktop, while giving property owners the tools to market their units and find the best tenants. Learn more at www.livelovely.com.
Inner Circle Labs for Lovely
Wearable technology was dominant at this year’s International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) , and MWC was no exception to this trend. New versions of favorites, such as the Samsung Gear (three new products were released: the Gear 2, the Gear 2 Neo and the Gear Fit), shared the limelight with new wearables like Pebble Time Steel (the new premium version of the company’s previously released smartwatch) and the LG Watch Urbane. The most dramatic difference at MWC was an emphasis on presenting we...
Mar. 31, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,491
SYS-CON Events announced today that FierceDevOps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. FierceDevOps keeps software developers and IT operations personnel updated on the latest news and trends around the rapidly evolving role of the traditional IT worker.
Mar. 31, 2015 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,561
WHOA.com has announced the newest addition to its data center footprint with the expansion into Equinix's newest state-of-the-art facility: DC-11 Washington, DC IBX+. Located in Ashburn, VA, this data center expands Whoa.com's presence to meet rapidly expanding customer demand for secure cloud solutions. Equinix, Inc. operates International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers in 32 markets across 15 countries in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. Equinix is committed to operating faciliti...
Mar. 31, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,220
SYS-CON Events announced today that robomq.io will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. robomq.io is an interoperable and composable platform that connects any device to any application. It helps systems integrators and the solution providers build new and innovative products and service for industries requiring monitoring or intelligence from devices and sensors.
Mar. 30, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,543
Today, IT is not just a cost center. IT is an enabler and driver of business. With the emergence of the hybrid cloud paradigm, IT now has increasingly more capabilities to create new strategic opportunities for a business. Hybrid cloud allows an organization to utilize multi-tenant public clouds, dedicated private clouds, bare metal hosting, and the associated support and services for the right use cases through an on-demand, XaaS model. This model of IT creates tremendous opportunities for busi...
Mar. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,355
SYS-CON Events announced today that the DevOps Institute has been named “Association Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The DevOps Institute provides enterprise level training and certification. Working with thought leaders from the DevOps community, the IT Service Management field and the IT training market, the DevOps Institute is setting the standard in quality for DevOps education and training.
Mar. 30, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,245
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a “Make or Buy” decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud busi...
Mar. 30, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,539
Businesses are looking to empower employees and departments to do more, go faster, and streamline their processes. For all workers – but mobile workers especially – utilizing the cloud to reconnect documents and improve processes without destructing existing workflows can have a dramatic impact on productivity. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Mark Grilli, vice president of Acrobat Solutions marketing at Adobe Systems Incorporated, will outline new ways that the cloud is changing the way peo...
Mar. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,391
WSM International has launched a DevOps services division that offers assessment, consulting and implementation to large enterprises and organizations with complex infrastructures. The concept of DevOps is to blend information technology (IT) software development with operations to optimize the computing infrastructure according to the specific needs of the organization. According to a recent press release from Gartner, "By 2016, DevOps will evolve from a niche strategy employed by large cloud ...
Mar. 30, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,382
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between Personal and Professional S...
Mar. 30, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,934
SYS-CON Events announced today that QTS Realty Trust, one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing providers of data center facilities and cloud services and a leader in security and compliance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. QTS Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: QTS) is a leading national provider of data center solutions and fully managed services, and a leader in security and compliance...
Mar. 30, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,336
SYS-CON Events announced today that WSM International (WSM), the world’s leading cloud and server migration services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. WSM is a solutions integrator with a core focus on cloud and server migration, transformation and DevOps services.
Mar. 30, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,376
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY., and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides private all-in-one social intranets allowing workers to securely collaborate from anywhere in the world and from any device. Social, mobile, and eas...
Mar. 30, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,134
Sematext is a globally distributed organization that builds innovative Cloud and On Premises solutions for performance monitoring, alerting and anomaly detection (SPM), log management and analytics (Logsene), and search analytics (SSA). We also provide Search and Big Data consulting services and offer 24/7 production support for Solr and Elasticsearch.
Mar. 30, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,547
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, will explain the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is r...
Mar. 30, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,039