|By Business Wire||
|July 23, 2014 11:06 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hhvgwr/malaysia_hsbb) has announced the addition of the "Malaysia: HSBB and Mobile Data Innovation Fuel Telecom Revenue Growth" report to their offering.
Malaysia: HSBB and Mobile Data Innovation Fuel Telecom Revenue Growth', a new Country Intelligence Report offers a precise, incisive profile of Malaysia's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Malaysia market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides a comprehensive study of the Malaysian telecommunication market, analyzing trends, near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as key regulatory trends.
- Mobile penetration in Malaysia stood at 144.4% at the end of 2013, and mobile services generated $7.6bn in service revenue during the year, while fixed services, including pay-TV, brought in $3.8bn.
- Malaysia's High Speed Broadband network launched commercially in just 18 months in 2010, and passed 1.49m premises by the end of 2013. After 103 exchanges were upgraded to next-generation network platforms during the first phase of HSBB, HSBB2 will increase that total to 400 over the three years starting in 2014, benefiting 4.8m premises in all.
- Having come to terms with the prevailing consumer preference for OTT communication apps, Malaysian operators are adapting their strategies to better monetize traffic generated from OTT usage. One operator offers unlimited use of WhatsApp, WeChat and Web browsing over Opera as add-ons, while Malaysia' leading MVNO launched its own OTT app, which grants users free on-net calls and discounted off-net and international calls.
- By acquiring a 57% stake in Packet One (owned by Green Packet), Telekom Malaysia received not only 500,000-plus subscribers but also a network of 2,000 sites that provide high-speed broadband in areas to complement TM's current fixed-line network. This will enable TM to offer its subscribers quad-play options and capitalize on the rise of mobile data.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- ABNxcess Celcom
- Green Packet
- Time dotcom
- Telekom Malaysia
- U Mobile
- Packet One Networks
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hhvgwr/malaysia_hsbb
Nov. 23, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,274
Nov. 23, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,557
Nov. 23, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,236
Nov. 23, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,360
Nov. 23, 2014 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,411
Nov. 23, 2014 02:00 AM EST Reads: 1,132
Nov. 22, 2014 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,245
Nov. 22, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,483
Nov. 22, 2014 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,270
Nov. 22, 2014 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,396
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,221
Nov. 21, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,309
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,388