|By Marketwired .||
|July 29, 2014 01:41 PM EDT||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/29/14 -- August is the month to honor the lighthouse with not one, but two celebrations. August 7th is National Lighthouse Day (this year marks the 25th anniversary) and International Lighthouse and Lightship Weekend falls each year on the third full weekend of the month. The lighthouse has served as a guiding light for many sailors. However, due to modern technology, many of these beacons are no longer required for their original maritime purposes and have since been beautifully transformed into rustic, and often remote, vacation spots. The travel experts at Cheapflights.com, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, reveal their Top 11 Lighthouse Inns featuring coastal accommodations with spectacular seaside views, cozy atmospheres and the sound of waves to lull you to sleep each night.
To celebrate safe passages and scenic views, here are six picturesque lighthouse inns around the world to make our list:
- Belle Tout Lighthouse in Beachy Head, East Sussex, United Kingdom - Built in 1832, Belle Tout is one of the most famous lighthouses in England. It was owned by the BBC and featured in many TV productions including the James Bond movie "The Living Daylights." Now fully renovated, the lighthouse boasts a stunning 360-degree view of the English Channel from its lantern room and has six themed bedrooms such as "The Captain's Cabin."
- The Lighthouse in Island Bay, Wellington, New Zealand - Located 15 minutes from Wellington city center this lighthouse is an ideal base for walks on the beach or to the seal colony at Red Rocks. It is a perfect venue for a romantic getaway as you will have this small lighthouse with its ground floor kitchen, middle floor bedroom and top floor seating area with a balcony all to yourself.
- Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse, Seal Rocks, Australia - Composed of three beautifully restored lighthouse keepers' cottages, Sugarloaf provides accommodations for groups between four and eight. Located in a sleepy village of Seal Rocks, it is a perfect getaway for water-based activities: swimming, snorkeling, fishing and many others as well as bush trailing in Myall Lakes National Park.
- Haceta Head Lighthouse, Yachats, Oregon, U.S. - To say that Haceta's location is scenic doesn't do it justice. This lighthouse stands midway up a 200-foot headland of a state park and shines the strongest light on the Oregon coast. You can stay in one of six rooms in the lightkeeper's cottage and benefit from the dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean or the lighthouse itself.
- Great Fish Point Lighthouse, Eastern Cape, South Africa - One of South Africa's smallest lighthouses and one of only four you can stay in, Great Fish Point is located close to Port Alfred on Eastern Cape and offers cottage accommodations for up to 12 people. Magnificent views of the Indian Ocean and the proximity of the seaside resort of Port Alfred make this lighthouse a perfect vacation destination.
- West Point Lighthouse, Prince Edward Island, Canada - At 70 feet tall, West Point Lighthouse is one of Prince Edward Island's tallest lighthouses. Built in 1875, this lighthouse was manned until 1962 when the keeper retired. More than a decade later, the beautiful lighthouse was converted into an Inn where people could escape to find harmony. Enjoy a stay at West Point Lighthouse Inn and explore the beautiful beaches, dine on locally caught seafood and just relax as your worries float away. Oh, and keep an eye out for the famous "Phantom Ship"; rumor has it that it is best seen just before a storm rolls in.
The quaint lighthouse accommodations worth discovering that round out our list are: Corsewall Lighthouse Hotel, Kirkcolm, Scotland; Roter Sand Lighthouse, Germany; Rose Island Lighthouse, Newport, Rhode Island, U.S.; Harlingen Lighthouse, Harlingen, The Netherlands; and Molja Lighthouse, Ålesund, Norway. To read the cozy details on these and Cheapflights.com's complete Top 11 Lighthouse Inns, visit www.cheapflights.com/news/top-11-lighthouse-inns.
About Cheapflights.com, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.com) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2647224
Compute virtualization has been transformational, yet security policy implementation and enforcement has lagged behind in agility and automation. There are a number of key considerations when implementing policy in private and hybrid clouds. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Holland Barry, VP of Technology at Catbird, will discuss the impact of this new paradigm and what organizations can do to...
Oct. 31, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,789
Can we look to the paradigm of cloud computing from a completely different perspective? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Gundars Kulups, Sales Director at DEAC, will discuss what we can learn from our dining habits when choosing a cloud solution. Gundars Kulups is Sales Director at DEAC, full service data center operator. An IT expert, he specializes in European countries and has worke...
Oct. 31, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 952
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and ...
Oct. 31, 2014 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,190
SYS-CON Events announced today that SOA Software, an API management leader, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SOA Software is a leading provider of API Management and SOA Governance products that equip business to deliver APIs and SOA together to drive their company to mee...
Oct. 31, 2014 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,111
As cloud gives an opportunity to businesses to buy services externally - how is cloud impacting your customers? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Fabio Gori, Director of Worldwide Cloud Marketing at Cisco, will provide answers to big questions: Do you see hybrid cloud as where the world is going? What benefits does it bring? And how does Cisco connect all of these clouds? He will also te...
Oct. 31, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,060
SYS-CON Events announced today that Aria Systems, the recurring revenue expert, has been named "Bronze Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Aria Systems helps leading businesses connect their customers with the products and services they love. Industry leaders like Pitney Bowes, E...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,185
SYS-CON Events announced today that TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business to business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the communications and t...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,039
We live in a time when seconds – even milliseconds – can have a dramatic economic impact on your company’s future. With technology being the primary conduit for consumer interaction, the user experience is at center stage. User experience will be a deciding factor in separating the future winners from the losers. By building more speed and agility into the application delivery process, DevOps prom...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,466
SYS-CON Events announced today that AgilePoint, the leading provider of Microsoft-centric Business Process Management software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 2nd International @ThingsExpo which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. AgilePoint is the leading provider of Microsoft-based Business Process Management (BPM) software products, has 1,...
Oct. 31, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,293
SYS-CON Events announced today that Parasoft will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 27 years, Parasoft has researched and developed software solutions that help organizations deliver defect-free software efficiently. By integrating Development Testing, API/cloud/SOA/composi...
Oct. 31, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,154