|By PR Newswire||
|August 4, 2014 11:10 AM EDT||
CHICAGO, Aug. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Craft beer and hard cider are on the fast track in restaurants and bars today, but Technomic's recently completed On-Premise Craft Beer & Cider study reveals that all is not as it seems with these trending beverages.
The multi-faceted research project tracks ongoing growth for craft beer in restaurants and bars, identifies leading brands by region and dives into cider's evolution. The study also busts some myths and clarifies several misconceptions, such as:
- More craft beer and cider is purchased at retail than in restaurants and bars
- Only women drink cider
- Hispanic consumers don't drink craft beer
- Cider consumers are primarily switching from white wine
For the real story on these topics, view this INFOGRAPHIC.
Technomic's 2014 On-Premise Craft Beer & Cider study provides a unique, clear picture of the consumer, brand and on-premise dynamics at play. Other key topics covered in the study include:
- Craft beer defined -- Consumer insights on which attributes define a beer as craft, and how consumers categorize various beer brands
- Competitive landscape – National on-premise leading craft beer and cider brands, and regional craft beer leaders' performance and menu penetration
- Key on-premise purchase decision influencers – The role of menus, samples, tap handles, glassware and more
- Restaurant and bar operator insights – Trends, opportunities and challenges around selection, menus, training and profitability
This in-depth study is part of Technomic's ongoing research and analysis of the adult beverage marketplace. To purchase or learn more about Technomic's On-Premise Craft Beer & Cider study please visit Technomic or contact one of the individuals listed below.
Press Inquiries: Donna Hood Crecca, 631-265-3839, or [email protected]
Purchasing Details: Patrick Noone, 312-506-3852, or [email protected]
Technomic provides comprehensive global information, analysis and insights to food industry executives through high quality fact-based consulting, market research, online databases, tracking services and industry events. Our programs and services are designed to target the specific needs of leadership, sales, management, marketing and product development professionals. At Technomic, we're always innovating to keep pace with emerging global markets and trends. For over 45 years we've been supporting clients' strategic decisions. Our breadth of research enables us to keep a pulse on the food industry, by providing insights into local markets with a global scope. Visit us at technomic.com
SOURCE Technomic, Inc.