|By PR Newswire||
|August 6, 2014 10:30 AM EDT||
AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
WHAT/WHY: Food+Health 2014, hosted by Engine 2 + Forks Over Knives, will take place Sept. 12-14 at the AT&T Education & Conference Center on the University of Texas Campus in Austin. The conference will feature pioneers in the food world who will give TED-style thought-provoking presentations and conversations on food policy, healthcare and nutritional medicine in the 21st century, the challenges of diet and lifestyle change, and the environmental impact of food production.
A few notable presenters include:
- John Mackey, Co-CEO and Founder of Whole Foods Market
- Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., M.D. – Surgeon, Author of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Rip Esselstyn- Author of The Engine 2 Diet
- Mark Bittman – Author, Food Writer for The New York Times
- Neal Barnard, M.D. – President, Physician's Committee on Responsible Medicine
- Marlene Schwartz, PhD – Director of Yale University's Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity
With the goal of addressing important questions such as - We know what we eat affects our individual health, but how do the foods we consume impact the greater society? – Food+Health 2014 will create crucial conversations on diet & health in America.
Participants can attend the whole weekend or book tickets for single evening events. For more information and/or to sign up click here.
WHEN: Friday, September 12 – Sunday, September 14, 2014
WHO: Engine 2 + Forks Over Knives hosts Food+Health 2014
WHERE: AT&T Education & Conference Center on the University of Texas Campus in Austin
To request more information, please contact:
Jamee Tuttle at 651-789-1274 / [email protected]