|By Business Wire||
|August 7, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
As controllers continue to rise in popularity among consumers and DJs alike due to their ease-of-use and increased functionality, Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.’s Professional Sound and Visual Division continues to develop the most advanced controllers in the market and today introduced its latest DDJ-SX2 controller for Serato® DJ with “Serato Flip” functionality. The new DDJ-SX2 is the industry’s first controller to use Serato Flip, which can record and playback a user’s hot cue operations. In addition, the model features specially designed operation buttons, multi-colored Performance Pads, and improved JOG wheel reaction time.
Pioneer DDJ-SX2 Controller (Photo: Business Wire)
“The release of our first generation DDJ-SX made a huge impact in the DJ community and we expect nothing less with this next version,” said David Arevalo, director of marketing, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The DDJ-SX2 features the latest updates, including Serato Flip capability, that enable DJs to be more creative with hot cues, as well as multi-colored Performance Pads found on the flagship DDJ-SZ.”
Serato DJ’s “Serato Flip”
Serato Flip is a new function in Serato DJ that lets DJs record hot cue combinations and replay them on a loop. DJs can record themselves triggering cues using the Performance Pads and automatically loop the sequence back on demand. Up to six recordings (slots) of Hot Cue sequences can be made for playback at a later time. Pioneer added Record (start/stop recording), Start (start/stop loop), and Slot (store) buttons to quickly access the Serato Flip operation.
The DDJ-SX2 provides the same functional layout of its predecessor with quick access to a multitude of Serato DJ features. The layout of the buttons, knobs, sliders and Performance Pads deliver the best DJ controller experience designed to match the applicable software functions perfectly:
- Multi-colored Performance Pads – Introduced in the top-of-the-line DDJ-SZ, the DDJ-SX2 now incorporates the highly attractive and functional multi-colored Performance Pads that control eight types of Serato DJ functions. The various illumination colors provide quick identification of the different actions/commands such as beats and drum rolls. The eight pads located below the Jog wheel offer HOT CUE, ROLL, SLICER and SAMPLER functionalities. While in velocity SAMPLER mode, the output level from the pad can vary depending on the strength of each tap from the user.
- Amplified MIC Input – Improved from the first generation, the controller features a balanced microphone (MIC) input circuit to provide clear audio output with no distortion regardless of the type or brand of microphone used. The controller can deliver clear audio even at high volume levels because of increased headroom and highly improved signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio.
- High Accuracy Jog Wheel – The output reaction time of the JOG wheels is significantly improved, further cutting down on latency, ensuring tasks such as “scratch” performances are at their highest levels. The model also features “Hot Cue Countdown” providing users, via its JOG Display, with the time remaining to a Hot Cue point, helpful in quickly arriving to a specified position in the music playing.
- 4-Channel Mixer – The DDJ-SX2 features an independent 4-channel mixer that can be used with other external sources such as turntables. Its master level meter provides instantaneous sound level adjustment as well as independent output controls with a display indicator for each channel when used as a standalone mixer.
The DDJ-SX2 features four external inputs for connection with CD players, analog turntables, microphones and more, with the ability to act as a stand-alone mixer (without the need to connect to a PC/MAC). The controller includes two Master Out and one Booth Out outputs for connection to external public address (PA) equipment. The DDJ-SX2 also features support for the Serato DJ DVS function. Users will have the ability to purchase Serato’s DVS Expansion Pack and perform Serato DJ deck control on the DDJ-SX2 with Pioneer CDJ players or analog turntables.
- High Quality Audio – A low-jitter clock and high-performance digital-to-analog converter (DAC) provide accurate and clear audio playback
- Slip Mode – While activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a performance loop, scratch or hot cue and resumes audible playback when the loop, scratch, or hot cue operation is ended, creating smoother and more seamless transitions
- Aluminum Finish – The DDJ-SX2 sports an aluminum top panel and a brushed aluminum finish on the JOG wheels for optimal look and feel
- Multiple Connection Options – The DDJ-SX2 offers dual CD and phono/line inputs for external devices as well as two microphone inputs, two Master Outputs (XLR and RCA) and a Booth Out terminal
- Built-in Sound Card (audio interface)
- Needle Search – Users can immediately jump to a specific part of a music track with a simple touch of the Needle Search pad
- Adjustable Cross-fader Curve – Suits any type of mixing style
- Channel Fader Start – Enables use of the channel fader to control and play/cue tracks.
- Assignable Settings – Pioneer offers a TSI file for use with the Native Instruments TRAKTOR PRO2 software
The DDJ-SX2 will be available in October with a suggested retail price of $1,199.
The first 10,000 units of the DDJ-SX2 sold worldwide will be bundled with a free of charge license to the Serato Video plug-in (worth $149).
For a video demonstration, please visit here.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJ products are industry standards at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for their high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
SERATO is a registered trademark of Serato Audio Research Ltd.
TRAKTOR is a registered trademark of Native Instruments GmbH.
For more information follow us on:
"For the past 4 years we have been working mainly to export. For the last 3 or 4 years the main market was Russia. In the past year we have been working to expand our footprint in Europe and the United States," explained Andris Gailitis, CEO of DEAC, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 25, 2014 07:15 PM EST Reads: 795
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using ...
Nov. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 777
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series dat...
Nov. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 798
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
Nov. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 673
High-performing enterprise Software Quality Assurance (SQA) teams validate systems that are ready for use - getting most actively involved as components integrate and form complete systems. These teams catch and report on defects, making sure the customer gets the best software possible. SQA teams have leveraged automation and virtualization to execute more thorough testing in less time - bringing Dev and Ops together, ensuring production readiness. Does the emergence of DevOps mean the end of E...
Nov. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 646
"Verizon offers public cloud, virtual private cloud as well as private cloud on-premises - many different alternatives. Verizon's deep knowledge in applications and the fact that we are responsible for applications that make call outs to other systems. Those systems and those resources may not be in Verizon Cloud, we understand at the end of the day it's going to be federated," explained Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing at Verizon Enterprise, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at...
Nov. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,143
The Domain Name Service (DNS) is one of the most important components in networking infrastructure, enabling users and services to access applications by translating URLs (names) into IP addresses (numbers). Because every icon and URL and all embedded content on a website requires a DNS lookup loading complex sites necessitates hundreds of DNS queries. In addition, as more internet-enabled ‘Things' get connected, people will rely on DNS to name and find their fridges, toasters and toilets. Acco...
Nov. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,054
"Cloud consumption is something we envision at Solgenia. That is trying to let the cloud spread to the user as a consumption, as utility computing. We want to allow the people to just pay for what they use, not a subscription model," explained Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 25, 2014 06:15 PM EST Reads: 735
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect...
Nov. 25, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,274
Enthusiasm for the Internet of Things has reached an all-time high. In 2013 alone, venture capitalists spent more than $1 billion dollars investing in the IoT space. With "smart" appliances and devices, IoT covers wearable smart devices, cloud services to hardware companies. Nest, a Google company, detects temperatures inside homes and automatically adjusts it by tracking its user's habit. These technologies are quickly developing and with it come challenges such as bridging infrastructure gaps,...
Nov. 25, 2014 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,139
SYS-CON Media announced that Centrify, a provider of unified identity management across cloud, mobile and data center environments that delivers single sign-on (SSO) for users and a simplified identity infrastructure for IT, has launched an ad campaign on Cloud Computing Journal. The ads focus on security: how an organization can successfully control privilege for all of the organization’s identities to mitigate identity-related risk without slowing down the business, and how Centrify provides ...
Nov. 24, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,102
SAP is delivering break-through innovation combined with fantastic user experience powered by the market-leading in-memory technology, SAP HANA. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce, SAP, discussed how SAP and partners provide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions as well as real-time Big Data offerings that help companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP launched an application challenge to award the most innovative SAP HANA and SAP HANA...
Nov. 24, 2014 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,099
"SAP had made a big transition into the cloud as we believe it has significant value for our customers, drives innovation and is easy to consume. When you look at the SAP portfolio, SAP HANA is the underlying platform and it powers all of our platforms and all of our analytics," explained Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce at SAP, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 24, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,107
"We help companies that are using a lot of Software as a Service. We help companies manage and gain visibility into what people are using inside the company and decide to secure them or use standards to lock down or to embrace the adoption of SaaS inside the company," explained Scott Kriz, Co-founder and CEO of Bitium, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 24, 2014 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,036
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Ar...
Nov. 24, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,552