|By PR Newswire||
|August 8, 2014 12:00 PM EDT||
HUNTSVILLE, Ala., Aug. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) is highlighting its space and missile defense capabilities during the 17th Annual Space and Missile Defense Symposium to be held here Aug. 11-14 at the Von Braun Center.
The symposium's 2014 theme is "Space and Missile Defense: Foundational to U.S. Strategy Today and in the Future." Northrop Grumman is this year's Titanium sponsor and will host the Salute to the Warfighter event Aug. 13 at 5 p.m. in Booth #601.
"This year's symposium will address homeland, regional and partner nation missile defense and space and missile defense technology development," said Kevin Campbell, vice president and Huntsville corporate lead executive, Northrop Grumman and 2014 Space and Missile Defense Symposium industry chair. "As the threat continues to grow, it remains our collective imperative to pursue technologies that meet our nation's and partners' needs."
In its displays and online information, Northrop Grumman is featuring foundational and integrated capabilities to enable joint warfighters to meet evolving threats, including:
- Since 1995, Northrop Grumman has been the prime contractor of the Joint National Integration Center Research and Development Contract (JRDC). The Northrop Grumman-led JRDC team conducts Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS)-level modeling and simulation, ground and flight tests, wargames, exercises, mission-critical operations and related analysis to facilitate the integration of new BMDS capabilities into warfighter operations.
- The Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System (IBCS) is a revolutionary command-and-control system developed to deliver a single, unambiguous view of the battlespace. The IBCS "any sensor, best shooter" enhanced aircraft and missile tracking and battle management system improves the ability of combatant commanders and air defenders to make critical decisions and optimizes limited resources.
- Operated by soldiers from the Army Space and Missile Defense Command, the Joint Tactical Ground Station (JTAGS) is a theater-deployed, transportable missile warning system that receives and processes space-based infrared satellite data directly from U.S. Air Force geosynchronous sensors. The JTAGS mission is to release ballistic missile warning messages and other infrared events to theater warfighters over multiple communication systems.
- The Three-Dimensional Expeditionary Long-Range Radar (3DELRR) is the Air Force's future main air defense radar, designed to detect and track hostile aircraft and missiles. Modular, scalable and designed to meet the Air Force's needs for decades to come, Northrop Grumman's S-Band 3DELRR solution has the potential to accelerate the Initial Operational Capability (IOC) by two years – and to save more than $1 billion in the process.
- Based on proven technology that is already in production, the Highly Adaptable Multi-Mission Radar (HAMMR) provides comprehensive situational awareness to protect the fighting force from current and emerging threats. HAMMR is optimized to detect fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft, unmanned aerial systems, cruise missiles, and rockets and mortars, including those in the "cone of silence" of other radars.
- The Distributed Aperture System (DAS) provides passive, spherical battlespace awareness for F-35 pilots by simultaneously detecting and tracking aircraft and missiles in every direction and providing visual imagery for day/night navigation and targeting. The DAS works in conjunction with the AN/APG-81 active electronically scanned array radar and other onboard systems to give pilots an unprecedented degree of situational awareness.
- The two Space Tracking and Surveillance System demonstration satellites are showing the ability of a space sensor to provide high-precision, real-time tracking of missiles and midcourse objects that enable closing the fire control loops with BMDS. They use sensors capable of detecting visible and infrared light to track missiles through their full course of flight.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
SYS-CON Events announced today that GENBAND, a leading developer of real time communications software solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's WebRTC Summit, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The GENBAND team will be on hand to demonstrate their newest product, Kandy. Kandy is a communications Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables companies to seamlessly integrate more human communications into their Web and mobile applicatio...
Feb. 28, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,341
VictorOps is making on-call suck less with the only collaborative alert management platform on the market. With easy on-call scheduling management, a real-time incident timeline that gives you contextual relevance around your alerts and powerful reporting features that make post-mortems more effective, VictorOps helps your IT/DevOps team solve problems faster.
Feb. 28, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,149
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, will discuss why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices ra...
Feb. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,374
Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, had reached 30,000 page views on his home page - http://RobertoMedrano.SYS-CON.com/ - on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, Internet of Things Journal, Big Data Journal, and SOA World Magazine. He is a recognized executive in the information technology fields of SOA, internet security, governance, and compliance. He has extensive experience with both start-ups and large companies, having been ...
Feb. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,086
Companies today struggle to manage the types and volume of data their customers and employees generate and use every day. With billions of requests daily, operational consistency can be elusive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Dave McCrory, CTO at Basho Technologies, will explore how a distributed systems solution, such as NoSQL, can give organizations the consistency and availability necessary to succeed with on-demand data, offering high availability at massive scale.
Feb. 28, 2015 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,201
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, shared some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, de...
Feb. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,979
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focu...
Feb. 28, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,241
Security can create serious friction for DevOps processes. We've come up with an approach to alleviate the friction and provide security value to DevOps teams. In her session at DevOps Summit, Shannon Lietz, Senior Manager of DevSecOps at Intuit, will discuss how DevSecOps got started and how it has evolved. Shannon Lietz has over two decades of experience pursuing next generation security solutions. She is currently the DevSecOps Leader for Intuit where she is responsible for setting and driv...
Feb. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,161
Operational Hadoop and the Lambda Architecture for Streaming Data Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing...
Feb. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,210
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes ...
Feb. 28, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,142
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, it is now feasible to create a rich desktop and tuned mobile experience with a single codebase, without compromising performance or usability.
Feb. 28, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,025
Thanks to Docker, it becomes very easy to leverage containers to build, ship, and run any Linux application on any kind of infrastructure. Docker is particularly helpful for microservice architectures because their successful implementation relies on a fast, efficient deployment mechanism – which is precisely one of the features of Docker. Microservice architectures are therefore becoming more popular, and are increasingly seen as an interesting option even for smaller projects, instead of bein...
Feb. 28, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,391
SYS-CON Events announced today Arista Networks will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Arista Networks was founded to deliver software-driven cloud networking solutions for large data center and computing environments. Arista’s award-winning 10/40/100GbE switches redefine scalability, robustness, and price-performance, with over 3,000 customers and more than three million cloud networking ports depl...
Feb. 28, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,491
Application metrics, logs, and business KPIs are a goldmine. It’s easy to get started with the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) – you can see lots of people coming up with impressive dashboards, in less than a day, with no previous experience. Going from proof-of-concept to production tends to be a bit more difficult, unfortunately, and it tends to gobble up our attention, time, and money. In his session at DevOps Summit, Otis Gospodnetić, co-author of Lucene in Action and founder...
Feb. 28, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,260
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, will explain the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is r...
Feb. 28, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,096