|By PR Newswire||
|August 11, 2014 03:55 PM EDT||
LAKEWOOD, Colo., Aug. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- FirstBank, Colorado's second largest bank by deposits, announced today it has partnered with cycling expert and former journalist, Jasen Thorpe (@jasenthorpe), and recognized cycling fashion and race commentator, Maiko (@mmmaiko), to host daily updates, interviews and Q&As during the week long USA Pro Challenge professional cycling race on FirstBank's Twitter page @efirstbank.
The Pro Challenge, which is recognized as one of the largest cycling events in North America and voted a Top 5 Race internationally according a recent poll from Cycling News, will take place Aug. 18-24 and will travel through many cities in Colorado where FirstBank has branch locations such as Aspen, Boulder, Breckenridge, Colorado Springs, Denver and Vail.
In addition to providing ongoing race coverage and updates, Thorpe and Maiko will host live Q&As and interviews with the following experts:
- Lennard Zinn (@LennardZinn), Boulder resident and longtime technical editor/contributor at Velonews.com, Velo Magazine, owner of Zinn custom cycles and author of the go-to book on bike maintenance, "Zinn and the Art of Bicycle Maintenance," will answer audience questions on bike technology, and provide technical commentary during the USAPC through @efirstBank. Zinn's work can be found at Velonews.com, ZinnCycles.com, and http://www.velopress.com/authors/lennard-zinn/ .
- Katie Macarelli of 303Cycling (@303Cycling) will provide real-time commentary, and help put courses, host cities and riders in a uniquely Colorado context, with advice for fans on spectating, riding opportunities and events in and around the cities. 303 Cycling is the premier source for news on all things cycling in Colorado, and your guide to engaging the cycling community wherever. 303Cycling.com.
- Dirk Friel of TrainingPeaks (@TrainingPeaks) is among the world's leading providers of training tools for coaches and athletes alike. Friel will provide insight into the athletes' training and preparation, the realities of what it requires to perform at the level of a pro, and analysis of athlete power profiles from each stage of the race. TrainingPeaks is the Colorado-based authority on training for endurance sports and cycling. Trainingpeaks.com.
- Sarai Snyder (@SaraiSnyder) is the founder of GirlBikeLove.com (@GirlBikeLove) and the global Cyclofemme series of rides (@Cyclofemme). Snyder is also a Boulder resident who has committed her career to expanding opportunities for women inside and outside the sport of cycling. Snyder will join us to talk women's cycling, events and Colorado riding opportunities.
- Jen See (@_Gavia_) is a regular contributor to the most popular US cycling titles and websites, and has built considerable experience reporting on the personalities within the peloton and the broader racing community. She will be sharing these experiences and related insights with us during the race.
- Ryan Muncy of Rachershots (Racershots.com) The Colorado-based cycling photographer will be providing daily photography from within the peloton and behind the scenes.
"We're excited for the opportunity to help FirstBank showcase their commitment to the communities and customers that they serve, and especially to do so in conjunction with their support of the USA Pro Challenge bike race," said Jasen Thorpe, president of Thorpe Marketing. "We get to do this while engaging Colorado's healthy, active, outdoor-minded population and while working with some of Colorado's most noteworthy contributors to the sport of cycling. We hope everyone will join us on Twitter @eFirstBank during the race. We're going to have a lot of fun with it."
"We wanted to provide our customers and cycling fans a unique experience and insight into one of the nation's most anticipated races, which is why we're so excited to have Jasen and Maiko host our Twitter account and conduct interviews with so many recognized cycling experts," said Jim Reuter, Executive Vice President of FirstBank Holding Company. "This year's USA Pro Challenge is going to be exciting and we're looking forward to supporting it and providing fans interesting and fun information in real-time."
2014 represents the second year FirstBank has been a major partner of the USA Pro Challenge. Partnering with USA Pro Challenge and other organizations is part of FirstBank's commitment to be highly active with local communities where its employees live and work. All officers at FirstBank's 115 locations sit on boards of nonprofits and causes they're passionate about. The company also donated more than $5 million to nonprofits in Arizona, California and Colorado last year.
FirstBank operates more than 115 locations in Colorado, Arizona and California. FirstBank is the largest locally owned banking organization in Colorado, serving more than 600,000 customers. Since 2000, FirstBank has contributed more than $45 million and thousands of volunteer hours to charitable organizations. FirstBank is unique in that a majority of its stock is owned by management and employees. For more information, go to www.efirstbank.com.
About Thorpe Marketing
Based in Boulder, CO, Thorpe Marketing offers a complete range of marketing services and exists to help its clients successfully engage enthusiast markets. Specializing in endurance and outdoor sports, Thorpe Marketing emphasizes authentic approaches to media relations and retail research and marketing. ThorpeMarketing.com.
About the USA Pro Challenge
Referred to as "America's Race," the USA Pro Challenge will take place August 18-24, 2014. For seven consecutive days, the world's top athletes race through the majestic Colorado Rockies, reaching higher altitudes than they've ever had to endure. One of the largest cycling events in U.S. history and the largest spectator event in the history of the state, the USA Pro Challenge continues to set records in professional cycling by taking the riders to unprecedented elevations. Featuring a challenging course, the fourth annual race will spotlight the best of the best in professional cycling and some of America's most beautiful scenery.
More information can be found online at www.USAProChallenge.com and on Twitter at @USAProChallenge.