|By PR Newswire||
|August 12, 2014 11:01 AM EDT||
WASHINGTON, Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The 6th annual mHealth Summit and Expo will convene domestic and international thought leaders in healthcare, technology and industry, government officials, researchers, advocates and investors to advance the use of mobile and connected health and its integration into healthcare delivery. From December 7-11, the Summit will put a spotlight on disruptive innovation, evidence, research, trends, opportunities and big ideas shaping an emerging global shift in healthcare that puts consumers at the center and makes health and wellness an engaging part of everyday life. Mobile and connected health holds the potential for transforming the future of care delivery on personal and population health levels.
mHealth Summit is part of the newly formed Personal Connected Health Alliance, an international non-profit established by Continua, mHealth Summit and HIMSS to represent the consumer voice in personal connected health.
WHAT: 6th Annual mHealth Summit and Expo
WHEN: December 7-11, 2014
WHERE: Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, Washington, DC area
Four days of renowned speakers, provocative presentations and interactive sessions, Keynotes and events on the exhibit floor will demonstrate how mhealth is beginning to deliver healthcare – at the right time and the right place – and holds the potential to reduce costs and improve outcomes. The Summit will tackle real-world strategies, success stories, challenges and innovations in mhealth, including special sessions and co-located events:
- A jam-packed general program provides the broadest and deepest coverage of topics ranging from wellness, fitness and disease management strategies for healthcare providers, payers and consumers to population health and clinical trials and patient engagement programs for pharma companies. Sessions will also cover regulation, public health, investment in startups and early stage companies, privacy and security, innovation and hot technologies.
- Global mHealth Forum: A Collaboration for Game-Changing Global Health Innovation – This two-day, co-located event, presented in partnership with the mHealth Working Group and USAID, will focus on mobile and connected health in low and middle income countries (LMICs).
- Advancements in the Intelligent Medical Home (IMH): The Leaders' Perspectives – An interactive IMH on the exhibit floor will be paired with a program that examines how advances in mobile devices and apps, wearables, ambient sensing and remote monitoring are enabling aging in place. It will also cover clinical workflow, data integration, ROI and outcomes measures, interoperability, technology selection, and new business models and partnerships.
- Exploring Wearable Technology in Healthcare: Google Glass and Beyond – These technologies hold the potential to be game-changers. Explore developing trends, new products, case studies, technical standards and more.
- Games for Health Day – Gamification and gaming are new tools for consumer engagement. Sessions and demonstrations will highlight the latest developments and opportunities.
- Games for Health University – This is an opportunity to explore what makes a game for health successful -- from development to deployment, including key technology platforms, game design elements, development costs and other critical issues.
- Privacy and Security Symposium – Highlighting BYOD and mobile device management issues, including hacking into healthcare, physician perspectives on mHealth privacy and security, federal/regulatory updates from the FDA, OCR and ONC, and a patient/consumer panel.
- NIH mHealth Training Institute – Providing behavioral and social scientists with tools to successfully leverage mhealth technologies, with mentorship from leaders in the fields of engineering, medicine and the behavioral and social sciences.
- WIPJam @mHealth Summit: Mobile Development – The Wireless Industry Partnership is at the center of building developer programs and communities around mobile throughout the world. At this event, learn how to make a successful app including platforms, APIs, monetization, gamification, social media and location-based technologies.
- M2M Now Money Talks – Clinicians, payers, solution vendors, wireless network operators and business analysts will discuss two vital commercial components of mHealth: monetizing an mHealth strategy and improving patient outcomes.
About the mHealth Summit
The 2014 mHealth Summit, the global convener of the expanding mobile health ecosystem, explores the disruptions, challenges and opportunities of the integration of mobile and wireless technologies into the healthcare system, and in consumer and patient engagement, for the delivery of better health outcomes. The 6th Annual mHealth Summit will take place December 7-11, 2014, in Washington, D.C.
Focusing on four fundamental platforms – technology, business, research and policy – the mHealth Summit is presented by HIMSS, in partnership with Continua, the Foundation for the NIH and the mHealth Working Group. mHealth Summit is part of the Personal Connected Health Alliance (PCHA), an international non-profit organization established by Continua, mHealth Summit and HIMSS to represent the consumer voice in personal connected health. Visit the mHealth Summit for more information; and follow at @mhealthsummit or #mHealth14.
SOURCE mHealth Summit
The most often asked question post-DevOps introduction is: “How do I get started?” There’s plenty of information on why DevOps is valid and important, but many managers still struggle with simple basics for how to initiate a DevOps program in their business. They struggle with issues related to current organizational inertia, the lack of experience on Continuous Integration/Delivery, understanding where DevOps will affect revenue and budget, etc. In their session at DevOps Summit, JP Morgentha...
May. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 711
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
May. 30, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,314
The speed of product development has increased massively in the past 10 years. At the same time our formal secure development and SDL methodologies have fallen behind. This forces product developers to choose between rapid release times and security. In his session at DevOps Summit, Michael Murray, Director of Cyber Security Consulting and Assessment at GE Healthcare, examined the problems and presented some solutions for moving security into the DevOps lifecycle to ensure that we get fast AND ...
May. 30, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,930
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 30, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,524
The OpenStack cloud operating system includes Trove, a database abstraction layer. Rather than applications connecting directly to a specific type of database, they connect to Trove, which in turn connects to one or more specific databases. One target database is Postgres Plus Cloud Database, which includes its own RESTful API. Trove was originally developed around MySQL, whose interfaces are significantly less complicated than those of the Postgres cloud database. In his session at 16th Cloud...
May. 30, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,266
How does one bridge the gap between traditional enterprise storage infrastructures and the private, hybrid, and public cloud? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dan Pollack, Chief Architect of Storage Operations at AOL Inc., examed the workload differences and required changes to reuse existing knowledge and components when building and using a cloud infrastructure. He also looked into the operational considerations, tool requirements, and behavioral changes required for private cloud storage s...
May. 30, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,784
Software is eating the world. Companies that were not previously in the technology space now find themselves competing with Google and Amazon on speed of innovation. As the innovation cycle accelerates, companies must embrace rapid and constant change to both applications and their infrastructure, and find a way to deliver speed and agility of development without sacrificing reliability or efficiency of operations. In her Day 2 Keynote DevOps Summit, Victoria Livschitz, CEO of Qubell, discussed...
May. 30, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,568
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, will review next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discuss how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Speaker Bios Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has b...
May. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,283
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In this session, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the ...
May. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 678
Working with Big Data is challenging, especially when decision makers depend on market insights and intelligence from your data but don't have quick access to it or find it unusable. In their session at 6th Big Data Expo, Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia; Zel Bianco, President, CEO and Co-Founder of Interactive Edge of Solgenia; and Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder at Solgenia, discussed how a revolutionary cloud-based BI along with mobile analytics is already c...
May. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,389
While there are hundreds of public and private cloud hosting providers to choose from, not all clouds are created equal. If you’re seeking to host enterprise-level mission-critical applications, where Cloud Security is a primary concern, WHOA.com is setting new standards for cloud hosting, and has established itself as a major contender in the marketplace. We are constantly seeking ways to innovate and leverage state-of-the-art technologies. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Mike Rivera, Seni...
May. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,000
Hardware will never be more valuable than on the day it hits your loading dock. Each day new servers are not deployed to production the business is losing money. While Moore's Law is typically cited to explain the exponential density growth of chips, a critical consequence of this is rapid depreciation of servers. The hardware for clustered systems (e.g., Hadoop, OpenStack) tends to be significant capital expenses. In his session at Big Data Expo, Mason Katz, CTO and co-founder of StackIQ, disc...
May. 30, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,298
There is no question that the cloud is where businesses want to host data. Until recently hypervisor virtualization was the most widely used method in cloud computing. Recently virtual containers have been gaining in popularity, and for good reason. In the debate between virtual machines and containers, the latter have been seen as the new kid on the block – and like other emerging technology have had some initial shortcomings. However, the container space has evolved drastically since coming on...
May. 30, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,449
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,807
T-Mobile has been transforming the wireless industry with its “Uncarrier” initiatives. Today as T-Mobile’s IT organization works to transform itself in a like manner, technical foundations built over the last couple of years are now key to their drive for more Agile delivery practices. In his session at DevOps Summit, Martin Krienke, Sr Development Manager at T-Mobile, will discuss where they started their Continuous Delivery journey, where they are today, and where they are going in an effort ...
May. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,507