|By PR Newswire||
|August 12, 2014 11:01 AM EDT||
WASHINGTON, Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The 6th annual mHealth Summit and Expo will convene domestic and international thought leaders in healthcare, technology and industry, government officials, researchers, advocates and investors to advance the use of mobile and connected health and its integration into healthcare delivery. From December 7-11, the Summit will put a spotlight on disruptive innovation, evidence, research, trends, opportunities and big ideas shaping an emerging global shift in healthcare that puts consumers at the center and makes health and wellness an engaging part of everyday life. Mobile and connected health holds the potential for transforming the future of care delivery on personal and population health levels.
mHealth Summit is part of the newly formed Personal Connected Health Alliance, an international non-profit established by Continua, mHealth Summit and HIMSS to represent the consumer voice in personal connected health.
WHAT: 6th Annual mHealth Summit and Expo
WHEN: December 7-11, 2014
WHERE: Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, Washington, DC area
Four days of renowned speakers, provocative presentations and interactive sessions, Keynotes and events on the exhibit floor will demonstrate how mhealth is beginning to deliver healthcare – at the right time and the right place – and holds the potential to reduce costs and improve outcomes. The Summit will tackle real-world strategies, success stories, challenges and innovations in mhealth, including special sessions and co-located events:
- A jam-packed general program provides the broadest and deepest coverage of topics ranging from wellness, fitness and disease management strategies for healthcare providers, payers and consumers to population health and clinical trials and patient engagement programs for pharma companies. Sessions will also cover regulation, public health, investment in startups and early stage companies, privacy and security, innovation and hot technologies.
- Global mHealth Forum: A Collaboration for Game-Changing Global Health Innovation – This two-day, co-located event, presented in partnership with the mHealth Working Group and USAID, will focus on mobile and connected health in low and middle income countries (LMICs).
- Advancements in the Intelligent Medical Home (IMH): The Leaders' Perspectives – An interactive IMH on the exhibit floor will be paired with a program that examines how advances in mobile devices and apps, wearables, ambient sensing and remote monitoring are enabling aging in place. It will also cover clinical workflow, data integration, ROI and outcomes measures, interoperability, technology selection, and new business models and partnerships.
- Exploring Wearable Technology in Healthcare: Google Glass and Beyond – These technologies hold the potential to be game-changers. Explore developing trends, new products, case studies, technical standards and more.
- Games for Health Day – Gamification and gaming are new tools for consumer engagement. Sessions and demonstrations will highlight the latest developments and opportunities.
- Games for Health University – This is an opportunity to explore what makes a game for health successful -- from development to deployment, including key technology platforms, game design elements, development costs and other critical issues.
- Privacy and Security Symposium – Highlighting BYOD and mobile device management issues, including hacking into healthcare, physician perspectives on mHealth privacy and security, federal/regulatory updates from the FDA, OCR and ONC, and a patient/consumer panel.
- NIH mHealth Training Institute – Providing behavioral and social scientists with tools to successfully leverage mhealth technologies, with mentorship from leaders in the fields of engineering, medicine and the behavioral and social sciences.
- WIPJam @mHealth Summit: Mobile Development – The Wireless Industry Partnership is at the center of building developer programs and communities around mobile throughout the world. At this event, learn how to make a successful app including platforms, APIs, monetization, gamification, social media and location-based technologies.
- M2M Now Money Talks – Clinicians, payers, solution vendors, wireless network operators and business analysts will discuss two vital commercial components of mHealth: monetizing an mHealth strategy and improving patient outcomes.
About the mHealth Summit
The 2014 mHealth Summit, the global convener of the expanding mobile health ecosystem, explores the disruptions, challenges and opportunities of the integration of mobile and wireless technologies into the healthcare system, and in consumer and patient engagement, for the delivery of better health outcomes. The 6th Annual mHealth Summit will take place December 7-11, 2014, in Washington, D.C.
Focusing on four fundamental platforms – technology, business, research and policy – the mHealth Summit is presented by HIMSS, in partnership with Continua, the Foundation for the NIH and the mHealth Working Group. mHealth Summit is part of the Personal Connected Health Alliance (PCHA), an international non-profit organization established by Continua, mHealth Summit and HIMSS to represent the consumer voice in personal connected health. Visit the mHealth Summit for more information; and follow at @mhealthsummit or #mHealth14.
SOURCE mHealth Summit
ProfitBricks has launched its new DevOps Central and REST API, along with support for three multi-cloud libraries and a Python SDK. This, combined with its already existing SOAP API and its new RESTful API, moves ProfitBricks into a position to better serve the DevOps community and provide the ability to automate cloud infrastructure in a multi-cloud world. Following this momentum, ProfitBricks has also introduced several libraries that enable developers to use their favorite language to code ...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,673
What exactly is a cognitive application? In her session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ashley Hathaway, Product Manager at IBM Watson, will look at the services being offered by the IBM Watson Developer Cloud and what that means for developers and Big Data. She'll explore how IBM Watson and its partnerships will continue to grow and help define what it means to be a cognitive service, as well as take a look at the offerings on Bluemix. She will also check out how Watson and the Alchemy API team up to off...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
The IoT Bootcamp is coming to Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo on June 9-10 at the Javits Center in New York. Instructor. Registration is now available at http://iotbootcamp.sys-con.com/ Instructor Janakiram MSV previously taught the famously successful Multi-Cloud Bootcamp at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo in November in Santa Clara. Now he is expanding the focus to Janakiram is the founder and CTO of Get Cloud Ready Consulting, a niche Cloud Migration and Cloud Operations firm that recently got acquir...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,631
SYS-CON Events announced today the DevOps Foundation Certification Course, being held June ?, 2015, in conjunction with DevOps Summit and 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will res...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,493
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,285
So I guess we’ve officially entered a new era of lean and mean. I say this with the announcement of Ubuntu Snappy Core, “designed for lightweight cloud container hosts running Docker and for smart devices,” according to Canonical. “Snappy Ubuntu Core is the smallest Ubuntu available, designed for security and efficiency in devices or on the cloud.” This first version of Snappy Ubuntu Core features secure app containment and Docker 1.6 (1.5 in main release), is available on public clouds, ...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,359
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,198
As Marc Andreessen says software is eating the world. Everything is rapidly moving toward being software-defined – from our phones and cars through our washing machines to the datacenter. However, there are larger challenges when implementing software defined on a larger scale - when building software defined infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Boyan Ivanov, CEO of StorPool, will provide some practical insights on what, how and why when implementing "software-defined" in the dat...
Apr. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,601
SYS-CON Events announced today that robomq.io will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. robomq.io is an interoperable and composable platform that connects any device to any application. It helps systems integrators and the solution providers build new and innovative products and service for industries requiring monitoring or intelligence from devices and sensors.
Apr. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,076
Wearable technology was dominant at this year’s International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) , and MWC was no exception to this trend. New versions of favorites, such as the Samsung Gear (three new products were released: the Gear 2, the Gear 2 Neo and the Gear Fit), shared the limelight with new wearables like Pebble Time Steel (the new premium version of the company’s previously released smartwatch) and the LG Watch Urbane. The most dramatic difference at MWC was an emphasis on presenting we...
Apr. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,030
Chef and Canonical announced a partnership to integrate and distribute Chef with Ubuntu. Canonical is integrating the Chef automation platform with Canonical's Machine-As-A-Service (MAAS), enabling users to automate the provisioning, configuration and deployment of bare metal compute resources in the data center. Canonical is packaging Chef 12 server in upcoming distributions of its Ubuntu open source operating system and will provide commercial support for Chef within its user base.
Apr. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,846
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on T...
Apr. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,071
SYS-CON Events announced today that Litmus Automation will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Litmus Automation’s vision is to provide a solution for companies that are in a rush to embrace the disruptive Internet of Things technology and leverage it for real business challenges. Litmus Automation simplifies the complexity of connected devices applications with Loop, a secure and scalable clou...
Apr. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,720
In 2015, 4.9 billion connected "things" will be in use. By 2020, Gartner forecasts this amount to be 25 billion, a 410 percent increase in just five years. How will businesses handle this rapid growth of data? Hadoop will continue to improve its technology to meet business demands, by enabling businesses to access/analyze data in real time, when and where they need it. Cloudera's Chief Technologist, Eli Collins, will discuss how Big Data is keeping up with today's data demands and how in t...
Apr. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,422
SYS-CON Media announced today that @ThingsExpo Blog launched with 7,788 original stories. @ThingsExpo Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @ThingsExpo Blog can be bookmarked. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Apr. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,506