|By Business Wire||
|August 14, 2014 11:03 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6538j9/functional) has announced the addition of the "Functional Materials for Supercapacitors / Ultracapacitors / EDLC 2015-2025" report to their offering.
Electrochemical Double Layer Capacitors: Companies, Roadmap, Forecasts And Formulations
This report explains the materials and performance achievements and objectives of the 80 manufacturers of supercapacitors and supercabatteries. It reveals, in easily accessed form, the performance, formulation and morphology of the key materials used and planned for the future. It concerns materials work both by the device manufacturers and by the many third party developers and suppliers across the world. The structure of a supercapacitor and supercabattery is introduced together with the materials and parameters needed.
Particularly focussed on the primary market need for the future - lower cost and higher energy density - the candidate families of material are assess and progress reported and predicted. Notably that means electrode and electrolyte materials. For electrodes that includes graphene, aerogels and chemically-derived carbons. Important for future electrolyte needs are such things as the new neutral aqueous electrolytes permitting low cost current collectors, ionic liquids that now work at low temperatures and new organic solvents that are less toxic and flammable.
For electrodes, the various hierarchical, exohedral and thin film options are compared and all is related to various end points from micro-supercapacitors to structural ones and large ones in electric vehicles, grid and other electrical engineering applications. For example, we forecast the best energy density that will be achieved in volume production in the next ten years and in 15 years from now, the best candidate materials, capacitor structures and electrolytes for achieving this and the value market resulting.
Key Topics Covered:
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS
- Comparison with batteries
- Comparison with electrolyte capacitors
- Focus on functional materials
- Too many customers
- Faster improvement
- Market for supercapacitors rising faster than Li-ion batteries
- Options: operating principles
- What needs improving?
- Construction and cost structure
- Choices of material: important parameters to improve
- Progress with electrode materials
- Graphene goes well with the new electrolytes
- Materials maturity and profit
- Market potential 2015-2025
- Where supercapacitors fit in
- Supercapacitors and supercabattery basics
- Supercapacitors and alternatives compared
- Laminar biodegradable option
- Structural supercapacitors
- Electrolyte improvements ahead
- Equivalent circuits and limitations
- Supercapacitor sales have a new driver: safety
- Disruptive supercapacitors now taken more seriously
- Change of leadership of the global value market?
- Battery and fuel cell management with supercapacitors
- Graphene vs other carbon forms in supercapacitors
- Environmentally friendlier and safer materials
- Printing supercapacitors
- New manufacturing sites in Europe
4. ELECTROLYTES BY MANUFACTURER
- Gel electrolytes
- Ionic liquids
- Electrolytes compared by manufacturer.
5. ELECTRODE MATERIALS AND OTHERS
- Electrodes and other materials compared by company
- Materials optimisation
- Progress with electrode materials
- Higher voltage electrolytes
- Aqueous electrolytes become attractive
- Organic ionic electrolytes
- Acetonitrile concern
- Supercabattery improvement
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6538j9/functional