|By PR Newswire||
|August 18, 2014 02:34 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, Aug. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
About Hypodermic Needles A hypodermic needle is a hollow needle commonly used with a syringe to inject substances into the body or or to extract fluids from it. A hypodermic needle is used for rapid delivery of liquids or to inject substances that cannot be ingested. Hypodermic needles are broadly classified into non-safety and safety needles based on the safety feature associated with the device. Safety needles can be further segmented into active and passive devices based upon the type of user intervention required to activate the safety mechanism. Based on the mechanism of activation, active devices can be further classified as either manual and semi-automatic devices. TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Hypodermic Needles market will grow at a CAGR of 6.66 percent over the period 2013-2018.
Covered in this Report
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the Global Hypodermic Needles market for the period 2014-2018. To calculate the market size, the report considers revenue generated from the sales of non-safety and safety hypodermic needles. The revenue generated in this market can be segmented based on the following types of needle, which are classified according to the safety activation mechanism:
TechNavio's report, the Global Hypodermic Needles Market 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas and the EMEA and APAC regions as well as individual country-wise revenue segmentation; it also covers the Global Hypodermic Needles market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a share of the key vendors operating in this market.
• Becton, Dickinson and Co.
• Covidien Ltd.
• Retractable Technologies Inc.
• Terumo Corp.
Other Prominent Vendors
• Albert David Ltd.• B-Braun Melsungen AG• Catalent Pharma Solutions• Connectinut Hypodermics Inc.• C.R. Bard • Exel International• Hamilton Syringes & Needles• Hindustan Syringes & Medical Devices Ltd.• Hi-Tech Syringes• MedPro Safety Products• MW Industries Inc.• Needletech Products Inc.• Revolutions Medical Corp.• Safety Medical Supply Intl.• Simply Surgicals LLC• Smiths Medical• Unilife Corp.• Vigmed AB• Vita Needle Co. • Vygon SA
Key Market Driver
• Introduction and Enforcement of Legislation.
• For a full, detailed list, view our report.
Key Market Challenge
• Difficulty in Adoption of Safety Mechanisms.
• For a full, detailed list, view our report.
Key Market Trend
• Mandatory Use of Safety Needles.
• For a full, detailed list, view our report.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
• What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be?
• What are the key market trends?
• What is driving this market?
• What are the challenges to market growth?
• Who are the key vendors in this market space?
• What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
• What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
You can request one free hour of our analyst's time when you purchase this market report. Details are provided within the report.
01. Executive Summary02. List of Abbreviations03. Scope of the Report03.1 Market Overview03.2 Product Offerings04. Market Research Methodology04.1 Market Research Process04.2 Research Methodology05. Introduction06. Market Landscape06.1 Market Overview06.2 Market Size and Forecast06.3 Five Forces Analysis07. Market Segmentation By Type07.1.1 Comparison of Non-safety and Safety Needles Volume 201307.1.2 Comparison of Non-safety and Safety Needles Revenue 201307.1.3 Disadvantages of Active Devices Compared to Passive Devices08. Product Portfolio09. Global Non-Safety Needles Market09.1.1 Market Size and Forecast of Non-safety Needles10. Global Safety Needles Market10.1 Market Size and Forecast of Safety Needles10.2 Product Segmentation of Safety Needles10.2.1 Revenue Analysis10.2.2 Volume Analysis11. Geographical Segmentation11.1 Hypodermic Needles Market in the Americas11.1.1 Market Size and Forecast 2013 -201811.1.2 Country-wise Segmentation of Americas 2013 11.1.3 Key leading Countries in Americas11.2 Hypodermic Needles Market in the EMEA11.2.1 Market Size and Forecast 2013 -201811.2.2 Country-wise Segmentation of EMEA 201311.2.3 Key leading Countries in EMEA11.3 Hypodermic Needles Market in the APAC11.3.1 Market Size and Forecast 2013 -201811.3.2 Country-wise Segmentation of APAC 201311.3.3 Key leading Countries in APAC12. Key Leading Countries in the Global Hypodermic Needles market12.1 US12.2 Germany12.3 Canada12.4 UK13. Buying Criteria14. Market Growth Drivers15. Drivers and their Impact16. Market Challenges17. Impact of Drivers and Challenges18. Market Trends19. Trends and their Impact20. Vendor Landscape20.1 Competitive Scenario20.1.1 Key News20.1.2 Mergers and Acquistions20.2 Market Share Analysis 201320.3 Other Prominent Vendors21. Key Vendor Analysis
List of Exhibits
Exhibit 1: Market Research Methodology
Exhibit 2: Global Hypodermic Needles Market 2013-2018 (US$ million)
Exhibit 3: Global Hypodermic Needles Market Segmentation by Type
Exhibit 4: Non-safety and Safety Needles Volume 2013 (Percentage)
Exhibit 5: Non-safety and Safety Needles Revenue 2013 (Percentage)
Exhibit 6: Global Non-safety Needles Market 2013-2018 (US$ million)
Exhibit 7: Global Safety Needles Market 2013-2018 (US$ million)
Exhibit 8: Product Segmentation of Safety Needles by Revenue 2013 (Percentage)
Exhibit 9: Product Segmentation of Safety Needles by Volume 2013 (Percentage)
Exhibit 10: Global Hypodermic Needles Market by Geographical Segmentation2013 (Revenue in Percentage)
Exhibit 11: Global Hypodermic Needles Market by Geographical Segmentation 2013 (Volume in Percentage)
Exhibit 12: Hypodermic Needles Market Forecast 2013-2018 in the Americas
Exhibit 13: Country-wise Revenue Segmentation of Americas 2013 (Percentage)
Exhibit 14: Hypodermic Needles Market Forecast 2013-2018 in the EMEA
Exhibit 15: Country-wise Revenue Segmentation of EMEA 2013 (Percentage)
Exhibit 16: Hypodermic Needles Market Forecast 2013-2018 in the APAC
Exhibit 17: Country-wise Revenue Segmentation of APAC (Percentage)
Exhibit 18: Percentage of Needlestick Injuries at Different Stages of Injection Process
Exhibit 19: Global Hypodermic Needles Market Share Analysis 2013
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will addresses this very serious issue o...
May. 26, 2015 10:35 AM EDT
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, will review next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discuss how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Speaker Bios Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has b...
May. 26, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,013
EMC Corporation on Tuesday announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire privately held Virtustream. When the transaction closes, Virtustream will form EMC’s new managed cloud services business. The acquisition represents a transformational element of EMC’s strategy to help customers move all applications to cloud-based IT environments. With the addition of Virtustream, EMC completes the industry’s most comprehensive hybrid cloud portfolio to support all applications, all workl...
May. 26, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 198
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 26, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,093
We are all here because we are sold on the transformative promise of The Cloud. But what good is all of this ephemeral, on-demand infrastructure if your usage doesn't actually improve the agility and speed of your business? How must Operations adapt in order to avoid stifling your Cloud initiative? In his session at DevOps Summit, Damon Edwards, co-founder and managing partner of the DTO Solutions, will highlight the successful organizational, process, and tooling patterns of high-performing c...
May. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,285
While great strides have been made relative to the video aspects of remote collaboration, audio technology has basically stagnated. Typically all audio is mixed to a single monaural stream and emanates from a single point, such as a speakerphone or a speaker associated with a video monitor. This leads to confusion and lack of understanding among participants especially regarding who is actually speaking. Spatial teleconferencing introduces the concept of acoustic spatial separation between confe...
May. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,992
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud en...
May. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,744
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
May. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,000
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will address the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affec...
May. 26, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,325
There is no question that the cloud is where businesses want to host data. Until recently hypervisor virtualization was the most widely used method in cloud computing. Recently virtual containers have been gaining in popularity, and for good reason. In the debate between virtual machines and containers, the latter have been seen as the new kid on the block – and like other emerging technology have had some initial shortcomings. However, the container space has evolved drastically since coming on...
May. 26, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,141
T-Mobile has been transforming the wireless industry with its “Uncarrier” initiatives. Today as T-Mobile’s IT organization works to transform itself in a like manner, technical foundations built over the last couple of years are now key to their drive for more Agile delivery practices. In his session at DevOps Summit, Martin Krienke, Sr Development Manager at T-Mobile, will discuss where they started their Continuous Delivery journey, where they are today, and where they are going in an effort ...
May. 26, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,210
You often hear the two titles of "DevOps" and "Immutable Infrastructure" used independently. In his session at DevOps Summit, John Willis, Technical Evangelist for Docker, will cover the union between the two topics and why this is important. He will cover an overview of Immutable Infrastructure then show how an Immutable Continuous Delivery pipeline can be applied as a best practice for "DevOps." He will end the session with some interesting case study examples.
May. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,605
SYS-CON Media named Andi Mann editor of DevOps Journal. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Andi Mann, Vice President, Strategic Solutions, at CA Technologies, is an accomplished digital business executive with extensive global expertise as a strategist, technologist, innovator, marketer, communicator, and thought lea...
May. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,279
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,535
Even though it’s now Microservices Journal, long-time fans of SOA World Magazine can take comfort in the fact that the URL – soa.sys-con.com – remains unchanged. And that’s no mistake, as microservices are really nothing more than a new and improved take on the Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) best practices we struggled to hammer out over the last decade. Skeptics, however, might say that this change is nothing more than an exercise in buzzword-hopping. SOA is passé, and now that people are ...
May. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,426