|By Business Wire||
|August 20, 2014 09:33 AM EDT||
Aerohive Networks® (NYSE: HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced that Daybreak Venture, a leader in the provision of comprehensive skilled rehabilitation and nursing care, has deployed Aerohive’s secure wireless networking solution to support EHR access, provide wireless Internet to both residents and guests and ultimately to administer superior patient care.
- Daybreak Venture is a leading provider of long-term and assisted living rehabilitative care in Texas with more than 75 geographically distributed facilities, as well as four additional facilities located in Missouri. With more than 5,400 employees, the organization offers services for skilled nursing, hospice, respite care and long-term care.
- Committed to providing the highest quality of care for its residents, Daybreak Venture began leveraging Wi-Fi-enabled technology to deliver greater services and innovative programs for residents across 20 locations. However, the organization only had Cisco’s controller-based networking technology and lacked the budget to equip the rest of its facilities with Cisco WLAN controllers. The long-term care provider recognized it needed to upgrade to a more cost-effective, centrally managed controller-less networking solution that would enable the organization to implement a comprehensive Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- Daybreak Venture evaluated several networking solution providers, but ultimately selected Aerohive for its cost-effective, controller-less solution, strong feature set, central management capability and HIPAA-compliant security standards.
- Daybreak Venture has started deploying Aerohive’s AP121 access points throughout each facility, with plans to conclude the full rollout in the next year. In addition, the organization is also leveraging Aerohive’s HiveManager® Networking Management System for centralized configuration, monitoring and management.
- With Aerohive’s reliable connectivity, Daybreak Venture has installed Point-of-Care workstations, allowing staff to quickly and easily enter patient data and information such as medication activities, vitals and notes, bringing documentation closer to patients and enabling staff to deliver care more efficiently. Additionally, physicians can now access EHR both on site and remotely to improve clinical workflow, decrease oversight and provide constant patient monitoring.
- Since implementing Aerohive, Daybreak Venture has been able to securely deploy a network that supports HIPAA compliance standards, and patient privacy and data protection regulations, as well as provide secure guest access to its residents and visitors.
- To read the full Daybreak Venture case study, please visit: http://www.aerohive.com/resources/daybreak-venture
“From enabling us to install Point-of-Care workstations to putting plans in place for medical personnel to use tablets in their daily care routines, Daybreak Venture is more than pleased with the wireless solution from Aerohive,” said John Valker, CIO, Daybreak Venture. “We highly recommend Aerohive to any medical provider that wants to offer not only enhanced medical care and greater oversight, but to provide Wi-Fi for residents and guests. Daybreak Venture chose Aerohive for its controller-less architecture that has proven to meet our requirements across the board.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE:HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers and grow their business. Deployed in over 16,000 customers worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver scalable, simplified, secure and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
SYS-CON Events announced today that TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business to business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the communications and t...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 830
As cloud gives an opportunity to businesses to buy services externally - how is cloud impacting your customers? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Fabio Gori, Director of Worldwide Cloud Marketing at Cisco, will provide answers to big questions: Do you see hybrid cloud as where the world is going? What benefits does it bring? And how does Cisco connect all of these clouds? He will also te...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 831
SYS-CON Events announced today that Aria Systems, the recurring revenue expert, has been named "Bronze Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Aria Systems helps leading businesses connect their customers with the products and services they love. Industry leaders like Pitney Bowes, E...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,131
Can we look to the paradigm of cloud computing from a completely different perspective? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Gundars Kulups, Sales Director at DEAC, will discuss what we can learn from our dining habits when choosing a cloud solution. Gundars Kulups is Sales Director at DEAC, full service data center operator. An IT expert, he specializes in European countries and has worke...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 700
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and ...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,144
We live in a time when seconds – even milliseconds – can have a dramatic economic impact on your company’s future. With technology being the primary conduit for consumer interaction, the user experience is at center stage. User experience will be a deciding factor in separating the future winners from the losers. By building more speed and agility into the application delivery process, DevOps prom...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,391
SYS-CON Events announced today that AgilePoint, the leading provider of Microsoft-centric Business Process Management software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 2nd International @ThingsExpo which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. AgilePoint is the leading provider of Microsoft-based Business Process Management (BPM) software products, has 1,...
Oct. 31, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,123
SYS-CON Events announced today that Parasoft will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 27 years, Parasoft has researched and developed software solutions that help organizations deliver defect-free software efficiently. By integrating Development Testing, API/cloud/SOA/composi...
Oct. 31, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,016
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to evolve the way the world does business; however, understanding how to apply it to your company can be a mystery. Most people struggle with understanding the potential business uses or tend to get caught up in the technology, resulting in solutions that fail to meet even minimum business goals. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO / ...
Oct. 31, 2014 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,577
SYS-CON Events announced today that Utimaco will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Utimaco is a leading manufacturer of hardware based security solutions that provide the root of trust to keep cryptographic keys safe, secure critical digital infrastructures and protect high val...
Oct. 31, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,938