|By PR Newswire||
|August 27, 2014 02:13 PM EDT||
SAN DIEGO, Aug. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockton Insurance Brokers, LLC today announced it has been named one of 2014's Best Places to Work in San Diego. The eighth annual program was created by San Diego Business Journal and the Best Companies Group to recognize and honor the area's best employers.
"I couldn't be more proud of our leadership team in San Diego, they have created a fantastic culture and a bright future for our associates," says Lenny Fodemski, Chief Operating Officer of Lockton's Pacific Operations. "Our goal is to be the best place to work and the best place to be a client. This recognition confirms our achievement."
The company's placement as "number two" in the mega company category represents its exemplary work environment and culture, as well as ongoing commitment to industry leadership, growth, and associate advancement, explains Jim Skeen, Jr, Founder and CEO of Lockton San Diego.
"Lockton's 'We Live Service' culture is unique and embraced in each of our offices worldwide," says Skeen. "We feel extremely fortunate to serve our clients with such a great team of professionals who represent San Diego's top talent in the industry. For us, it's about the people, not the institution."
In addition to its benefits package, Lockton offers some unique perks including annual sports challenges for employees, monthly R&R celebrations recognizing birthdays, anniversaries, and Associate referrals, company sponsored teams to participate in community charities, and paid time off when volunteering for community and charitable events.
After opening in 2002, Lockton's San Diego office quickly grew as one of the region's top insurance brokerages and benefits consulting firms, and has sustained consistent growth over the years.
"While we enjoy a strong market presence, we are excited about expanding our operations and welcoming additional associates to our team as we continue to grow," adds Skeen.
Best Companies Group is an independent research firm that manages other regional and industry workplace excellence programs in the U.S. and Canada. It manages the registration process, conducts the surveys, evaluates the data, and selects the firms that make the cut. Lockton Associates responded to statements in eight categories including leadership and planning, corporate culture and communications, role satisfaction, work environment, relationship with supervisor, training and development, pay and benefits and overall engagement. This employee evaluation process counts for 75% of the score, while an employer questionnaire about the company's benefit programs, policies, and practices counts for the remaining 25%.
More than 5,300 professionals at Lockton provide 41,000 clients around the world with risk management, insurance, and employee benefits consulting services that improve their businesses. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held, independent insurance broker in the world and 10th largest overall. Independent researcher Greenwich Associates has awarded Lockton its Service Excellence Award for risk management for large companies. For five consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance." To see the latest insights from Lockton's experts, check Lockton Market Update.
SOURCE Lockton Insurance Brokers, LLC
Dec. 27, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,189
Dec. 27, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,872
Dec. 27, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,969
Dec. 27, 2014 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,845
Dec. 27, 2014 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,717
Dec. 27, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,456
Dec. 27, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,956
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,702
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,789
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,369
Dec. 27, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,526
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,944
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 7,181
SAP is delivering break-through innovation combined with fantastic user experience powered by the market-leading in-memory technology, SAP HANA. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce, SAP, discussed how SAP and partners provide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions as well as real-time Big Data offerings that help companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP launched an application challenge to award the most innovative SAP HANA and SAP HANA...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,141
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,001