|By PR Newswire||
|August 28, 2014 02:22 PM EDT||
SEATTLE, Aug. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Learning the art of goal setting at an early age can be absolutely life changing for a child. That's the driving force behind The 500,000 Children Project, a first-of-its-kind initiative to teach children across America about the importance of goal setting as a tool for success. This unique project brings together educators, students, and sponsors to help schools teach an important life skill by providing free resources that would otherwise have no room in tight school budgets.
Fresh off their start on the crowd-funding site Indiegogo, the organizers are delivering the first 5,000 free goal setting books to public elementary students across 31 states in late August.
The 500,000 Children Project began at the end of 2013 by inviting school districts in 23 states to request books for their elementary students. The organizers hoped to reach 500,000 children. The project caught fire by word of mouth among educators and through social media, and orders for their free goal-setting books soon climbed to 1.1 million. The response from educators has been overwhelming, as evidenced by the dozens of enthusiastic comments the directors have collected on their website, http://www.500000childrenproject.com.
- The books are designed to present the message in a way that entertains children as much as it educates,a in an effort to enhance the learning process. The books combine eye-catching illustration with rhyming verses that teach and inspire children to start setting goals in their lives.
- Each printing will contain bonus material designed to deepen the child's understanding of goals and how they can be used. The content will vary depending on the sponsor. This edition, sponsored by the Indiegogo contributors, features content provided by Wells Fargo about their Hands On Banking® curriculum, a free financial education program, not affiliated with any product, designed with financial education content for all ages. The lessons for kids are a fun and interactive way to help them achieve their financial goals by learning about everything from money and budgeting to savings and credit. Another highlight in this edition is an excerpt from Michael Jordan's book I Can't Accept Not Trying: Michael Jordan On The Pursuit of Excellence where he explains in detail how he used goals to achieve his success.
- "The sooner we empower children with a skill that all successful people use, the better they'll learn to set positive goals in a way that helps them celebrate their potential," commented Dawn Farmer, Co-Director of The 500,000 Children Project. "We see and hear about the life-changing effects this type of thinking can have on our youth, and we're inspired to help provide it."
- Stephen Covey, author of the bestseller, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, identifies goal setting as one of the critical skills and characteristics students need to succeed in the 21st century. The 500,000 Children Project couldn't agree more, and has set a goal of teaching all children about this crucial success strategy.
About the 500,000 Children Project:
- The 500,000 Children Project is a unique initiative to teach children about the life-changing skill of goal setting at the earliest age possible, while also benefiting schools with free resources and sponsors with an intimate connection to thousands of families. Goals Learning Institute, Inc., sponsor of The 500,000 Children Project, publishes two books to help educators teach this skill: Aim for the Stars: The Goals Book For Kids and Goals Are For Gals & Goals Are For Guys. The project offers these two books to public elementary schools across the nation for free, funded through sponsorship.
- Started in 2013 by inviting 23 states to participate, The Project currently has requests for 1.1 million of the goals books from the following 31 states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MT, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI.
- The balance of states will be invited to participate early next year.
- The Project is now actively seeking sponsors to fulfill the remaining orders.
The 500,000 Children Project
18631 SE 42nd PL
Issaquah, WA 98027
SOURCE Goals Learning Institute, Inc.
Apr. 18, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,777
Apr. 17, 2015 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,081
Apr. 17, 2015 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,743
Apr. 17, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,146
Apr. 17, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 7,239
Apr. 17, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 924
Apr. 17, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 778
Apr. 17, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,209
Apr. 17, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,682
Apr. 17, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,554
Apr. 17, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,589
Apr. 17, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,442
Apr. 17, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,526
Apr. 17, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,258
Apr. 17, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,312