|By Business Wire||
|September 3, 2014 09:33 AM EDT||
Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market today announced that it is partnering with Radius Networks, a market leader in proximity services and proximity beacons with iBeacon™ and AltBeacon™ technology, to offer retailers, educators and healthcare providers a cloud-managed Wi-Fi infrastructure enabled with proximity beacons. Together, Aerohive and Radius Networks provide complementary cloud platforms for helping these organizations meet the demands of today’s increasingly connected customers who are seeking more personalized student education, patient care and shopper experiences.
- The market for proximity solutions using iBeacon and AltBeacon technology that enable personalized experiences in retail, education and healthcare brick-and-mortar venues is exploding as the Internet of Things (IoT) becomes a reality in business. By 2020, it is predicted that there will be 26 billion connected devices.
- In a move to meet the technology demands of the growing retail, education and healthcare markets, Aerohive is partnering with Radius Networks to offer an integrated solution for their wireless needs. The Aerohive and Radius Networks partnership delivers an industry-leading enterprise Wi-Fi solution enabled with iBeacon and AltBeacon technology.
- Deployed across more than 16,000 customers, Aerohive currently serves many of today’s largest retailers, schools, and healthcare facilities.
- Radius Networks is the leader in proximity services and beacon technology supporting a community of over 100,000 proximity solution developers.
- Through this partnership, Aerohive’s cloud-managed Wi-Fi infrastructure optimizes how Radius Networks’ RadBeacons – powered by iBeacon and AltBeacon technology – are deployed and managed in increasingly complex retail, education and healthcare environments. Aerohive is leading the way in helping these organizations to improve business services and personalizing end- user experiences.
- Radius Networks provides Aerohive’s Personal Engagement Platform with the unique ability to improve and personalize customer engagement across various retail, healthcare and education environments. Aerohive’s Wi-Fi infrastructure, coupled with RadBeacon proximity beacons, provides a flexible and scalable foundation for integrating next-generation experience, enhancement, engagement and informative micro-location functionality.
- Stay tuned for a joint Aerohive and Radius Networks webinar on iBeacons featuring Aerohive’s Director of Advanced Technology and O’Reilly author, Matthew Gast, on Sept 25, 2014.
Pricing and Availability
- The list price for Radius Networks RadBeacons starts at $29 for single units with volume discounts available. RadBeacons are compatible with all Aerohive APs. The combined solution is available now.
“Organizations are looking for new technologies to enable them to use real-time data to better engage with their end users and drive relevance so they can offer better services and customized experiences,” said Bill Hoppin, vice president of business development, Aerohive Networks. “Proximity beacons with iBeacon and AltBeacon technology are a key part of Aerohive’s strategy to do just that. Our partnership with Radius Networks has allowed us to deliver the world’s first integrated enterprise Wi-Fi iBeacon-enabled solution tailored for retailers, but also providing unique capability for schools and healthcare providers.”
"Not only does Aerohive simplify networking of distributed enterprise deployments with cloud-enabled networking solutions, but it also provides industry-leading features,” said David Helms, chief product officer at Radius Networks. “We are excited to partner with Aerohive to use RadBeacon proximity beacons with iBeacon and AltBeacon technology to create new and improved applications that bring value to the retail, education and healthcare markets.”
Radius Networks creates new and innovative ways to use wireless device signals for proximity and presence detection. Radius Networks’ cloud-based proximity services and products are used by mobile developers, major retailers, restaurant chains, sports complexes and other companies to drive innovative customer engagement and experience. For more information, visit http://radiusnetworks.com or follow Radius Networks at @radiusnetworks.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE:HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers and grow their business. Deployed in over 16,000 customers worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver scalable, simplified, secure and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
SYS-CON Events announced today that TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business to business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the communications and t...
Oct. 31, 2014 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 653
As cloud gives an opportunity to businesses to buy services externally - how is cloud impacting your customers? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Fabio Gori, Director of Worldwide Cloud Marketing at Cisco, will provide answers to big questions: Do you see hybrid cloud as where the world is going? What benefits does it bring? And how does Cisco connect all of these clouds? He will also te...
Oct. 31, 2014 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 614
Can we look to the paradigm of cloud computing from a completely different perspective? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Gundars Kulups, Sales Director at DEAC, will discuss what we can learn from our dining habits when choosing a cloud solution. Gundars Kulups is Sales Director at DEAC, full service data center operator. An IT expert, he specializes in European countries and has worke...
Oct. 31, 2014 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 512
SYS-CON Events announced today that AgilePoint, the leading provider of Microsoft-centric Business Process Management software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 2nd International @ThingsExpo which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. AgilePoint is the leading provider of Microsoft-based Business Process Management (BPM) software products, has 1,...
Oct. 31, 2014 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,000
SYS-CON Events announced today that Parasoft will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 27 years, Parasoft has researched and developed software solutions that help organizations deliver defect-free software efficiently. By integrating Development Testing, API/cloud/SOA/composi...
Oct. 31, 2014 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 928
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and ...
Oct. 31, 2014 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,132
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to evolve the way the world does business; however, understanding how to apply it to your company can be a mystery. Most people struggle with understanding the potential business uses or tend to get caught up in the technology, resulting in solutions that fail to meet even minimum business goals. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO / ...
Oct. 31, 2014 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,566
We live in a time when seconds – even milliseconds – can have a dramatic economic impact on your company’s future. With technology being the primary conduit for consumer interaction, the user experience is at center stage. User experience will be a deciding factor in separating the future winners from the losers. By building more speed and agility into the application delivery process, DevOps prom...
Oct. 31, 2014 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,361
SYS-CON Events announced today that Utimaco will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Utimaco is a leading manufacturer of hardware based security solutions that provide the root of trust to keep cryptographic keys safe, secure critical digital infrastructures and protect high val...
Oct. 31, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,914
One of the biggest challenges when developing connected devices is identifying user value and delivering it through successful user experiences. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mike Kuniavsky, Principal Scientist, Innovation Services at PARC, will describe an IoT-specific approach to user experience design that combines approaches from interaction design, industrial design and service...
Oct. 31, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,789