|By PR Newswire||
|September 4, 2014 09:07 AM EDT||
SAN DIEGO, Sept. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- XYZprinting, the manufacturer of the world's most affordable professional grade 3D printers, announced today its da Vinci 2.0 Duo dual nozzle, dual color 3D printer is now shipping in the U.S. market. With a price point of just $649, the da Vinci 2.0 Duo brings a new level of usability and affordability to 3D printing to appeal broadly to consumers, entrepreneurs and small-to-medium businesses (SMBs). da Vinci 2.0 Duo 3D printers are available for order now through Amazon, Micro Center, Newegg.com and Studica.
The 3D printing market is expected to reach $21 billion by 2020, according to Wohlers Associates, Inc., and XYZprinting is opening the door for mainstream adoption with its pricing model. At $649, da Vinci 2.0 Duo is 50 percent less than the nearest competitor product.
Features of da Vinci 2.0 Duo include:
- Easy-to-use: no assembly required, with safe and easy filament cartridge loading
- Dual nozzle, dual color to print two-color projects
- Large build volume of 5.9"W x 7.8"H x 7.8"D
- Resolution modes ranging from fine print at 100 microns, to 400 microns
- Alerts and functions that lead to a low maintenance experience, including print-bed auto detection, low filament alert, auto nozzle cleaning and a heated print bed for easy product removal
- More than one thousand cloud-sourced designs from the community through the XYZ Design Gallery
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems
- Limited one-year warranty
"XYZprinting's deep roots in manufacturing have allowed us to bring efficiencies to the design and manufacturing of the da Vinci 3D printer line, and we are passing these efficiencies on to our customers through pricing," said Simon Shen, CEO of XYZprinting. "Our goal is to provide world-class 3D printing models that allow for widespread adoption to drive the market, and innovation in the market, forward."
XYZprinting's da Vinci 1.0, a single nozzle 3D printer available for $499, won a CES 2014 Editor's Choice Award and quickly became the top selling 3D printer on Amazon in the U.S., U.K. and Japan.
Founded in 2013 by global manufacturing leader New Kinpo Group, XYZprinting is dedicated to bringing cost-effective 3D printing to consumers and small-to-medium businesses around the world. With proven manufacturing expertise and a corporate culture rooted in innovation, XYZprinting is poised to break down the barriers of 3D printer ownership by providing an easy-to-use device that delivers an outstanding user experience. To learn more, please visit www.xyzprinting.com.